024

Grace knew how Simon was going to be joint head at Waterloo Road. She knew that made things harder for their relationship. But she didn't care. She had fallen for him.

She knew that if someone were to find out about them, he would lose everything he had worked for. And she didn't want that. But she couldn't walk away from him. Not when he had changed her life.

He had helped her heal after everything that happened. And she was grateful for him. He had made her believe that she was worthy of love.

Tom had seen a change in Grace lately. And he didn't know what it was. But he was thankful for it. It had been hard for him to know what his girls had been through. And he hadn't been there for either of them.

He knew that he wanted to make his girls lives better then what they had with their mum. And he wanted to make her pay. But his girls didn't need that. They had way better now.

Grace was worried about her sister. She knew there was something going on with her. And it was more than her sleeping with Max Tyler. Grace knew she would open up if she needed it.

For now, Grace just wanted to build her relationship with Simon. And make it work. Knowing he was her rock. He had been there for her. He had helped her through the hurt.

All she knew was that things were about to get complicated. But she just needed to make it work. And not let anything come between her and Simon.

Morning came and she was sitting in bed texting Simon. He had offered to take her out for dinner. And she couldn't wait. She just wanted to spend time with him.

The door opened. Tom walked in. "Charlie isn't here. She hasn't slept here. Where is she?" He asked.

"I don't know dad. She was here last night. Unless she snuck out in the middle of night," Grace said.

Tom walked in. He sat on the bed. "Are you okay though darling? I know it hasn't been easy for you."

"I'm doing great. I'm away from the toxic that mum brought. I'm happy. I have you too," she said.

Tom kissed the top of her head. "I'm going nowhere. Okay?"

"Okay."

***
Grace went into school. She walked over to Charlie. "I know you're struggling with all that's happened. But dad is worried about you. What's going on?" She asked.

Charlie sighed. "I'm fine. I'm just thinking. I'm living my life the best way I can. I'll be home more. I promise," she said.

"Good. Simon and I are going for dinner tonight. I can't wait to spend time with him. Will you tell dad I'm with Sam?" She asked.

Charlie nodded. She smiled. "Course I will. He makes you happy doesn't he?"

"He does. I love him."

***
Simon smiled as Grace got into the car. He kissed her cheek and looked to her. "You look beautiful," he said.

"I look a state. But thank you," Grace said as she kissed his lips. "Where we going?"

"I booked us a table in the new Italian restaurant in town."

Grace grinned as she saw the serious look on his face as he drove.  But he couldn't avoid the van that came speeding towards them...