026

Grace knew how she was worried about Simon. He hadn't woken up yet which had her worried. She was scared he wasn't going to. She didn't know what she would do without him.

She had been discharged from the hospital. But she hadn't been back to school yet. She didn't feel ready. Especially as she didn't want to be there without Simon.

Tom had told her that as long as she stayed away from Simon, then he wouldn't say anything about their affair. Grace knew she couldn't do that. She couldn't keep away from him.

Not when she was in love with him. And she was going to do all she could to be with him. She didn't care what her dad had to say. Simon was the love of her life. Despite the fact that they had so many odds stacked against them.

All Grace knew was that her life had been flipped upside down. And she wasn't sure how much more she could handle before it all got too much.

Morning came all too quickly for her. She was sitting in bed as the door opened and Charlie walked in. She smiled. "I'm not meant to tell you this. But Simon is awake. Dad got a call from Max who told him."

Grace sat up. She looked to her. "You have to help me see him. I don't think dad will let me leave the house on my own. So you have to help me. Please," she said.

Charlie frowned. "I don't know. Dad will kill me. And he'll kill you. Then he'll bring us back to clean the mess. I know you love Simon. But you may have to wait until he's out."

"I don't think I can wait. I love him so much. Dad doesn't even understand. Please Charlie. I need this," Grace told her.

Charlie sighed and nodded. "I'll see what I can do. I'll leave for school. Dad will leave soon after. Then I'll come back, but if we're caught, this is on your head," she said.

"Thank you. I will make this up to you."

"Yeah you will."

***
Grace walked into Simon's hospital room. She looked to him and smiled. "It's so good to see you awake. I've missed you," she said.

"I missed you too. Are you okay?"

Grace nodded and smiled. "I'm good. I'm even better now you're awake. My dad knows about us. But I'm not letting it stop me. I want to be with you."

Simon smiled. "I want to be with you too. I love you. And whatever happens, we'll face it together. I promise," he told her.

Grace looked to him. She knew all too well how the odds were stacked against her and Simon. But she was adamant she was going to make it work.

***
Grace walked back into the house. Tom was there. He glared. "You went to see him didn't you?" He asked.

"No. I went for a walk."

"Don't lie to me. I went there myself. I saw going there. I told you. Stay away from him or I'll tell everyone. You made this choice easier," Tom said as he walked off.

But would he really tell everyone and ruin things between Grace and Simon.