Chapter 42

Abel leaves the pack house when Emmett sends him a rest and he drives to the Cullen ma soon.

"Rosa!"

Rosalie whirls around and she beams at Abel. "There's my favorite Swan," she gushes and she hugs him, twirling him around.

Bella watches in annoyance, she was annoyed because Edward won't turn her into a vampire. She watches as Evan, Alice, and Jasper all greet Abel. Esme and Carlisle give the boy a hug like they did Bella.

"Why is my cousin so upset?" Abel asks.

"She wants to become a vampire and Edward won't do it," Rosalie says.

"You want do die?" Abel asks Bella.

"I'd come back," Bella saysv

"With skin as hard as a rock, ice cold, with no heartbeat, red eyes, a list for blood..." Abel frowns. "Bella, you haven't even lived."

"It's not your decision, Abel," Bella says firmly. "You can live and die if you wish, but I want to spend forever with Edward."

Abel stares at Bella. "That's what this is about?" He scoffs. "Just remember those months after he left, that state you were in." He kisses Emmett on the cheek and Emmett wraps an arm around him. "I'm going to my apartment."

"Our," Emmett corrects. "Rosalie and Evan helped me move in yesterday when you were on the Rez with Lauren. Lauren persuaded me."

"Okay, then, I'll be at home," Abel says and he eyes Bella. He shakes his head in disbelief and he leaves.

Bella deflates a little because he said nothing else to her and Rosalie hugs Emmett and so does Evan.