Chapter 52

Despite having the ability to shower and change after graduation, Abel is very distracted during the party because his father escaped from prison

Despite having the ability to shower and change after graduation, Abel is very distracted during the party because his father escaped from prison. He sees Emmett talking to Rosalie and Evan across the house. Angela and Jessica are dancing. Eric, Mike, and Ben are joking around with some other classmates. Lauren is chatting away with Jenny.

"Hey!" Alice chirps as she skips over. "You look hot."

"Thanks for the suit, Baby Tink," Abel mewls. He calls her Baby Tink after Tinker Bell because Alice reminds him of a fairy.

"Emmett told me about your father," Alice says. "Do you want me to keep an eye in your future?"

"Please?" Abel asks.

Alice touches his forearm. "I will." She smiles. "Come and show me so,e dance moves, Tommy!"

Alice drags him out into the sea of students and they dance together. Abel gasps when the wolves enter and he goes to steal Embry away from Jacob and Quill, who recently joined the pack. Embry and Abel then dance and Alice leaves them alone. She's glad to see him getting distracted.

"How is he holding up?" Evan asks Emmett.

"This is the most lovely he's been since the warden called," Emmett tells him. "I'm worried for if Jason finds out he's in Forks. He will because according to Chief Swan, this was Hilarie Swan's hometown."

Evan watches as Abel laughs at Embry's 'watering hose' dance move and he mimics it. "The wolves put him in high spirits," he says.

"Most of his friends do that," Emmett says. "He's a happy person."

"And you love him for it," Evan says.

"You two are good together," Rosalie says to Emmett.

Emmett smiles as Abel walks over. Abe kisses Emmett square on the lips.

"Hello to you, too," Emmett greets. "What happened to no PDA?"

"I'm over that," Abel replied nonchalantly.

They see Alice being pulled into a vision and they all go off somewhere and learn that the army is coming to Forks and Jacob saying he'll talk to Sam.