Chapter Twelve

David walks back to his apartment, feeling hurt and betrayed by the fact that Snow and James have been getting together behind his back. He tries to make sense of his feelings, and he knows he needs to confront Snow to get the answers he's looking for.

As he takes a seat in his living room, the flat Rumple got him, he feels a rush of emotions coursing through his veins. He takes some deep breaths, trying to stay calm and collected. He decides he needs to talk to Snow, and soon.

Toni knocks on the door, feeling concerned about David. She waits patiently, hoping that he'll answer. When he opens the door, she sees the pain and anguish on his face, and she's instantly worried about him.

"David... are you okay?" she asks, gently taking his hand. "Can we talk?"

David nods, feeling slightly comforted by her presence. David lets out a deep breath, feeling relieved to see her, didn't mean to walk out like that. Toni sits down next to him on the couch, feeling concerned about him. She takes his hand, offering him some comfort. David looks at her, feeling grateful to have someone to talk to in this moment.

"How could they?!" David raises his voice

"Snow... Snow and James, they've been together this whole time?" David says, shaking his head in disbelief. "No... he couldn't do that to me. Why? It don't make any sense, Toni."

Toni listens to David, feeling concerned about his pain and confusion. She gives him a gentle squeeze of the hand, offering support and reassurance.

"Shhh... it's okay. We'll figure it all out, don't worry," she says calmly. " I know you and Snow aren't together anymore, but it must still be a lot to take in."

"I don't understand!" David says, feeling frustrated and confused. "Snow and my own brother, how could they keep this a secret from me? This is too much."

"Maybe it just happened..." Toni sighs, trying to comfort him

He takes a deep breath, trying to stay calm. "I just can't believe Snow would do this. We were married, and now she's with James? This is all just too much for me to get my head around..."

Toni nods in understanding as she listens to David. "I know...," she says gently, "but you and Snow aren't married anymore. You and her agreed to separate, remember? She's allowed to move on with her life, just like you are."

David sighs, feeling a little bit better at Toni's reassuring words. "I guess you're right," he says quietly. "It's just hard to see her with someone else. Especially my own brother."

"I can imagine that.." Toni says softly, wondering whether he still loves Snow

David looks at Toni, feeling overwhelmed by his confusion. "I just don't understand, Toni," he says, shaking his head. "Why would Snow be with James? She's always loved me, I know that. I always thought..."

He trails off, feeling too shaken to speak. Toni looks at him, trying to offer comfort as she sees the pain on his face. "Maybe she's just confused, David," she says gently. "Maybe she's just using him to try and cope with her heartbreak."

Suddenly, a realisation dawns on him and he looks up at Toni, a look of horror on his face. "Wait a minute," he says suddenly. "James and I are twins... do you think... She could be using him? Like you just said?"

Toni nods, feeling concerned about David's confusion and his worry about Snow. "Yeah i guess so.. but sometimes people do strange things when they're heartbroken. You just need to talk to her and try to find out the truth."