[ 9 ]

***•_•***

***•_•***

Yeosang was first to shoot up from bed and check his phone. A wave of disappointment washed over him and his bright smile was instantly replaced with a frown.

Not a single birthday wish.

He tried to have a good start to the day though, making his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth and humming. Then washing his face. Then lightly skipping downstairs expecting to see the couple.

No one.

He noticed the post it note that had been left on the dining table next to two pieces of pancake.

"Sorry Sangie- Minghao sunbaenim claimed I had to be at work early today :( hope you enjoy the pancake :) - Wooyoung"

"I've got to be at the recording studio early today, HYUNG, sorryyy - San"

Both handwritings didn't look neat, like it'd been rushed. And what upset Yeosang the most was that not even a single "happy birthday" was evident in the rushed notes.

He gloomily ate the pancakes and took a shower, all while being in the mood. After he'd gotten dressed up, he checked his phone. No message from Jongho. He called him. His phone went into voicemail.

Yeosang wanted to cry. He didn't want to believe his friends had forgotten his own birthday. And his boyfriend. He almost didn't appreciate the pancake Wooyoung made that morning. After spending half the morning on his own, he decided to leave the house and try to contact any of his friends. No one. Not a single person could answer. Not even Han or Felix. Which was odd, because Felix always answered and he always had something to say.

He walked into a toy store and gifted himself with a lollipop gun since his friends quite frankly didn't remember it. He smiled weakly at the cashier who'd wished him a happy birthday after noticing him buying an "it's my birthday" badge. If no one would congratulate him, he would congratulate himself. In sadness and disappointment.

He wanted to end the day by taking a stroll down the beach. During his quiet walk, when the tides started to come in and the wind got cooler, he couldn't help but wonder what had his friends and his boyfriends so preoccupied that they forgot his birthday.

He was starting to believe Jongho was actually over him. That maybe Wooyoung and San got sick of having him around. That maybe Yunho and Mingi only cared about each other and no one else. That maybe Hongjoong cared too much about the songs he was writing and ended up sleeping in the studio or seonghwa getting carried away with his portrait of Hongjoong.