[ 13 ]

***•_•***

***•_•***

The cold distance that settled between the couple was strong. It didn't take long for San to realise the younger had completely stopped trying. He never called, never attempted to make eye contact or be physical, which was odd because Wooyoung's love language was being physical. He just left San to do whatever he wanted to San hated it.

The sudden cold shoulder they were giving each other also didn't go unnoticed by some members of their group. Which was why Mingi called everyone over to spend the Saturday at his place. They all went, of course, regardless of whether they were on good terms or not.

The real essence of Mingi having this friendly gathering was to soothe the nerves. And yet around the table, while they were all getting drunk in both wine and chicken, Mingi couldn't help but notice how Wooyoung was barely drinking and had his eyes glued to the centre of the table. He wasn't even talking. It wasn't like Wooyoung to not talk. San, as well, was often glancing at his phone, being all rigid and avoiding coming in contact with the boy next to him.

Mingi stood up, "I'm gonna go get more wine and... chicken. San, can you please come help me?"

Yeosang beamed at him at the mention of chicken and San snapped out of his trance. He stood up, quickly, almost as if he was desperate to leave the area. He also saw the look Mingi gave Seonghwa before they left.

Mingi handed San two bottles of soju and a box of chicken while he got the other ones.

"What's going on?", he asked, placing the bottle he had on the table.

"What do you mean?"

"Between you and Wooyoung. Something's wrong and you're both doing a shit job at hiding it"

"Nothing's wrong. We got into a little fight and he's just slightly upset."

"But you two are always stuck together even in group settings like this regardless of whether the fight is little or not. And it doesn't drag on for this long for sure. You're both always so stuck to each other-"

"So what?", San harshly interrupted, "This is a one time thing and he'll get over it. Stop trying to get involved."

San hated himself for the way he sounded. So much bitterness in his voice.

"Invol- I'm only looking out for you two. You're both my friends and I don't want either of you getting hurt."

"Thanks for the concern, Mingi. But really everything is fine."