[ 42 ]

Note: There are only a couple of chapters left of this book. I'm gonna try finish this all before my exams soon in May. So enjoy the rest of the chapters <3

 So enjoy the rest of the chapters <3

***•_•***

Wooyoung was picking up the last few bits of dishes and taking it to the kitchen with him while San helped him. He kept the empty dishes in the sink and rolled his sleeves up.

"You know we have a dish washer right?", San binned the left overs.

"Oh. Might as well save myself the stress then."

San hummed quietly, "How did you find today?"

"Less nerve wrecking than I expected. Your parents were really nice.", Wooyoung smiled.

"They're starting to like you. Wish they had that mindset since the first day they laid their eyes on you."

Wooyoung chuckled, "It's fine. They're traditional anyway. Some parents wouldn't have changed but yours did. And it's because they care about you and what makes you happy."

San walked up to him and slowly turned him around, enveloping him into a hug. Wooyoung was confused at first but eventually hugged him back, face buried in the taller's neck.

"Is there a reason for this?"

San paused for a while, "...No. it just feels nice holding you like this. Never thought I'd be able to experience it again. You have no idea how much I missed you."

"I missed you too, San."

The couple stayed in that position for however long before there was a hesitant clearing of throat from the door way. San looked up to see who it was.

"Eomma? You okay?"

"Yeah... your dad needs you."

San freed Wooyoung, kissing his forehead and heading for the door, "If you need help just let me know, okay?"

Wooyoung hummed in response. After he'd gone, Namji stepped into the kitchen, a little bit awkward for someone who always held her head up high.

"I see you and my son really do bond.", she opened the dish washer to load it.

"I guess we do..."

"I'm glad. San hasn't looked this lively in a long time. He wasn't a very happy person when he was younger for one reason or the other. And it didn't help that he was really insecure about himself and his body dysmorphia back then. He was really closed off and the only person who managed to get word out of him was Haneul and Mingi. So I'm happy you're with him. I know we haven't really been the best to you. After all I was the reason you and San split up. I... want to apologise for the way I treated you. Now that I've gotten to know you... you're not a bad person."