4

1 week later
At the BAU

Emily's POV

Me and JJ are sitting in her office going over some case files together like usual. Her phone rings and she picks it up and smiles. "Tyson?" I ask. She smiles, "yeah."

Her and Tyson have been talking for the past couple of weeks and they seem to be really hitting it off. She usually drop everything for him and it has raise some red flags. The other day he said some very misogynistic things towards women, and JJ just brushed it off.

I watch as JJ's face turns from a smile into a frown. "What happened?" I ask. "He just got mad at me for asking if he's coming to see me tonight." "what the hell? JJ that's another red flag right there." "I know, but he's so nice. I can't wait for you to meet him"

"I can." I laugh. "Emily..." she sighs, "can you at least pretend to like him when you meet him?" "I make no promises."

"Jayje it's not like you to brush off misogyny" I say. "You're still on that em ? He was joking." JJ rolls her eyes. "Okay whatever JJ, you do you." I sit back. "Thank you." She goes back to her work

We sit in silence for a little bit just doing our work until she gets a phone call. She answers it and nods "thank you, fax it over to me and we will be there soon." She says and hangs up the phone. "We have a case." She grabs her files and we both stand.

We head to the conference room and discuss the details of the case. "Wheels up in 10" Hotch says and we all file out. We are headed to Portland.

All through out the plane ride JJ's phone kept going off and I saw the notification from Tyson. "Something important JJ?" Hotch says. "No sorry." She says. "JJ's got a boo thangggg." Derek smirks

"Tell us about the guy!" Rossi says. "I don't know," she smiles, "he's sweet and does little gestures for me all the time. I don't know it's just pure as of right now." She looks down.

"Yeah, pure with a bunch of red flags." I say and raise my eyebrows. "He is not a red flag!" She says. "Yes, cause saying a woman shouldn't be an FBI agent and that they should be home making sandwiches isn't a red flag." I say. "He was joking!" She laughs.

"All I'm saying is when I'm right, don't be mad when I tell you I told you so." I say and she goes silent. She gives me a dirty look and picks up a file. I don't know why she's getting so defensive, we're best friends. We are supposed to be honest with each other. Just like she would do for me if I was talking to a shitty guy.

——— JJ's pov

We touched down in Portland hours ago and now we are sitting down for lunch in the police station with Reid. I check my phone and there 13 missed calls from Tyson. I call him back and he picks up frantic.

"Hey what's up?" I ask. "JJ! Why weren't you answering." He says, he sounds mad. "I'm at work? I'm dealing with a case right now what's wrong." "Answer your phone when I call you. Have a good day, I'll call you later." He says and hangs up.

"Everything okay?" Reid asks. "Yeah, maybe emily was right about Tyson. But I don't know I really like him." I sigh. "Trust your gut." Reid says. "I know. I just really want this relationship to work out. I'm tired of getting hurt and being single. I just want a person I can rely on." I say and wait for Reid to respond.

"Reid?" I say. "That's it... the unsub just wants a person to rely on!!!!" Reid gets up and goes to the white board. "That's why he's abducting his victims and holding them for long periods of time and judging by the....." Reid looks around the board at the victims, "our unsubs a woman." He says turning back to me.

"I love your brainiac brain." I start smiling, "we need to deliver the profile."

2 hours later

Hotch sent us home for the day. We are all headed out the office when I receive a call from Tyson. "Hey what's up I'm just getting out the office." I say. "I called you twice and you didn't answer. Are you flaking on me already because this seems pretty one sided." Tyson says. "What??!?? No! I can't answer all of your calls when I'm on a case Ty, I always do whenever I'm free." "Whatever JJ. I just miss you." "I know, I miss you too." I say. "I'll call you before I go to sleep."

Emily gives me a look. I'm starting to get pissed off. "Can you just support me Em?" I say. "I am supporting you. By telling you not to date that piece of shit." She says calmly. "Okay he makes me happy." "Jayje. I'm gonna be honest with you," she stops infront of me and lets the team go ahead of us, "we are good friends and I don't want to see you get hurt. Think like a profiler. He is not a good man." She says.

"I'm tired of everyone telling me how to feel! Why can't people just let me be happy for once!!" I say and walk away. "JJ" I hear from behind me but I keep walking.

-

Me and emily are sharing a hotel room so when she got back to the room it was awkward. "JJ you know I didn't mean to-" she starts but I cut her off. "Just stop. I don't want to talk right now." I say as I get into bed.

"Okay. Good night." She says. "Night." I pull out my phone and start texting Tyson.