34

A week later
Emily's pov
Home

1 pm

It has been a week since I last heard from JJ and I've been a mess. Hotch sent me home from work today because I accidentally yelled at Anderson; which I apologized for I didn't mean it.

I hear a honk outside and I ignore it. I hear another one, and then another one and I was starting to get pissed off. I walk outside to tell whoever that is to shut up.

"Hi emmy." My mom says from her car. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "Hotch called me. I thought I could take you home for a bit... clear your mind."

Like she's ever helped me clear my mind.

"Emily... come on. I know I haven't always been the best mom but I'm trying here." She says. I get in the car and she drives off.

"Did you and JJ break up?" The first thing she asks. "No, she's just thousands of miles away." "What do you mean?" "I can't tell you." I say. "Oh."

"How can I help you emily?" She says, "What's the one thing in the world that would make you feel better right now, besides JJ."

"Pajamas. Ice cream. Friends." I say. "Okay. We can have a lazy day." She says, "we can do all of that and I can make you Penne a la Vodka, your favorite." "Thanks mommy." I smile.

"Emmy I'm sorry for not realizing that I wasn't taking care of you like I should've been. You didn't deserve that." "What made you realize that?" I ask.

"When you grew up, you never came to me for advice. I thought it was because you didn't like my advice but then I realized, I never once sat down to teach you like a mother should. I never really even listened. You emotionally raised yourself and I'm sorry, I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you." She says.

"Thank you mom." I smile.

"So I've started up my campaign." She says.

"Why don't you just run for President?" I ask. "Oh Emmy. Don't be naive, of course I'll run, not now tho Barack and I are too close of friends for that." She says.

"My fault, I forgot your besties with the president." I say and we both laugh.

"Mom I feel like I need to be doing something more with my life." I say. "You're an FBI agent Emmy what more can you really do." She says.

"Open a company, get a doctorates, i don't know become a mafia leader." I say. "Mafia jokes are not funny." "I'd be a great Mafia leader." "Over my dead body."

"Anyway, I just need a change right now. Like I don't know. I should join the army." I say. "The army? Emily you've never once talked about being in the military why would you want to now?" "I don't know... oh no I got it! I should go to law school." I say, "or I could go undercover again!"

"No. I already lost my Emmy once when you were that Lauren Reynolds dumbass I'm not losing my Emmy again." "But mom you're not understanding I need to do something new."

"Going undercover again is changing your entire personality all over. I thought you joined the BAU to get away from that. Why all the sudden do you have a need to change things." "I don't know when JJ is coming back. It could be a few more days, weeks, months. I need someone to change if not I'm going to lose my mind."

"You could run for governor of Maryland. I won't be occupying that job anymore." She says. "Mom in all of your 58 years of living that has to be the dumbest thing you have ever said." "Hey!" "Mom when have I ever been interested in politics. I couldn't even tell you 70% of your job description."

"That doesn't make sense but being a mafia leader does, okay." She says sarcastically. "I was joking mom." "I wouldn't put it past you."

"Why don't you team up with your father. He's about to buy out Amazon and make a lot of money." She says. "Honestly that's not a bad idea."