33

2 HOURS LATER
The BAU
Emily's pov

Leaving JJ was so hard to do, not knowing when she's leaving for the mission. I sat down at my desk and I'm already 2 hours late to work. I sigh in frustration.

"You okay Prentiss?" Derek asks. "I'm fine." I snap. "Okay.... Hotch wants you in his office." He says.

I get up and walk into Hotch's office. "Have a seat." He says. I sit down in one of his chairs and it's taking everything in me to not burst into tears. I mean literally Everything. In. Me.

"Emily you're two hours late." He says. "I know, I'm sorry." Tears form. God damnit.

"Care to explain? You've never been late..." "Family." I blurt out and lie. "Is everything okay?" He turns his head, like he knows I'm lying. "Mhm." I say, even tho now the tears falling down my face completely contradicts everything I'm saying.

"Emily... what happened." "Its family. I can't tell you... I can't tell anyone, and I feel so alone." "I would give you the day off but with JJ gone and Rossi took off for today, I need you here. How about I give you tomorrow off?" He says. "That would be amazing. Thank you." I say and get up.

"And Emily." He says, "You're never alone."

I nod and walk out. I sit down at my desk and pull out my phone to text JJ.

- Hi my love. Are you at work yet ?

JJ <3
Hi cutie, yeah I'm here. Currently training Ashley

- Hotch gave me tomorrow off. Don't worry I didn't tell him anything. I just want to spend time with you.

JJ <3
I have tomorrow off too, hopefully they don't call me in. I have to go. I'll keep you updated throughout the day. I love you.

- I love you too.

"We have a case." Hotch says and I freeze in my seat. "Sorry emily." He says.

Me Reid and Morgan walk to the conference room and take a seat. "We are headed to Boise." Garcia says as I zone out. Oh how the cards have aligned.

-

8:28 pm

I texted JJ to tell her I was on a case now and she sent back a sad face. I plopped down on my hotel room bed and turned on some TV to help me focus on something else.

I flip through some channel until I end up on 'Friends' I love this show, it's my comfort show. I watch episode after episode, laughing at their endless jokes until my eyes started to feel drowsy. I slowly close my eyes drifting to sleep.

-
7:30 am

My alarm wakes me up and the TV was still running. I frown, realizing this is the first time in months I have waken up with my girlfriend not next to me.

I check my phone and I see 7 missed calls from JJ and a bunch of text messages. I call her back, no answer. I look at the message:

3:27 am: JJ <3
Em they called me in. I've never been called in this early I'm scared

3:51 am: JJ <3
I'm leaving for Iraq, please answer your phone

Em?

4:39 am: JJ <3
I love you Emily

I call her a bunch of times, no answer. How did I not wake up? My phone was on the whole time... how did I sleep through my girlfriend leaving... why did I go on this case I should've stayed home.