20

* short chapter*
The same day
ROSSI'S HOUSE

Emily's Pov

The whole team is seated around the dinner table, laughing, eating and telling stories. I could tell JJ is trying to pay attention and be apart of the conversation but she can't help but almost drift to sleep every minute.

That's my fault, maybe it wasn't the best idea to wear her out before a team dinner.

"Glass of wine for you two?" Rossi points at me and JJ. "No thanks, I'm driving." I smile. "I'm good, thank you." JJ nods.

Time goes by and JJ completely zoned out of the conversation the team was having. "Emily I'm too tired I want to go home." She whispers to me with her cute little face.

"Okay we can leave soon." I smile at her.

5 minutes later

JJ got up to use the restroom and I helped Pen put all of the dishes in the washer. We cleaned up the table and we all sat around Rossi's fire place, me sitting in the corner of his L shaped couch. His Christmas tree makes everything look so homey.

JJ finally comes out of the bathroom and grabs a blanket from the other couch. "I may have or may not have fallen asleep while trying to pee." She jokes. She wraps the white fluffy blanket around her and climbs onto my lap, draping her legs over mine.

"Geez JJ what's gotten you so tired today?" Morgan says. "It's been a longgggg day." JJ replies, resting her face in the crook of my neck.

"A toast, to emily and JJ. Two beautiful people who make an outstanding couple." Rossi says and we all raise our classes. "To emily and JJ!" We all say and laugh. I hear a tiny snore beneath me and I notice JJ fell asleep.

"I guess she thought the toast was boring." I say and we all laugh.

- 1 hour later

The team decided to call it a night and head out. I pick JJ up and carry her bridal style, she's really out cold.

I walk her to my car and open up the passenger side door, I go to put her down and she grips onto my shirt.

"Goodmorning sleepy head, I'm just gonna put you in your seat okay." "'No I want to cuddle." She pouts. "We will when we get back to the house beautiful."