9

THE NEXT DAY
LAPD

EMILYS POV

We are one day into the case and we already have a lead. I don't know if it's very promising tho. JJ started talking to me again, we've been having small talk here and there. I wonder how long this is gonna last before she decides to ignore me. It sucks that I care so much. I just wish she would relate.

I don't think I like her though. I just need a best friend. Like yeah I have derek, but JJ is different. Fuck. I can't think things like that.

Hotch and I are the only ones at the LAPD right now and we are waiting for Reid and the rest of them to come to help us build a geographical profile. JJ walks in wearing a long dark purple dress, it was tight fitted too.

I couldn't peel my eyes off of her god she looked so... I wonder what she looks like with it off- EMILY! No. I cannot think about her like that we are just friends and coworkers. I'm probably just confused.

—— JJ's pov

I can feel her eyes on me and I think I like it. Like I want her attention. Hotch gives us our assignments and left me and emily to take care of the press.

"Dressed all fancy today." Emily says, "what's the occasion? Hot date?" She laughs.

"Yeah I wish... I have to do a press conference and I need to look good for LA. Do you like it?" I ask. "Yeah, you look-... the dress is beautiful." She stutters. "Thank you." I say. We make eye contact for a few seconds and then I look away.

I want to know what it's like to kiss her. She seems like she would know what she's doing. I wish she felt the same way about me but even if. I would never do anything with a colleague. I didn't even think I was attracted to women. I wish our situation was different.

-

We got lunch while waiting for the press conference and we treated ourselves to donuts. "We look like stereotypical cops." I laugh. "Not our fault donuts are so good." She says.

"You have a sprinkle below your lip." Em points out. I wipe my face, "did I get it?" I ask. "No, here" she leans over and used her thumb to wipe the spring below my lip.

I will literally smash my lips into her face right now.

We make eye contact and she leans back before breaking it. "Agent Jareau and Prentiss we are ready for you." An officer says. "Thank you." We say and get up.