36

April 24th (4 weeks since last contact w JJ)
Los Angelos
Emily's POV

"See emily. You have to watch your investments." My dad says. "I came here for you to teach me how run a business not for you to critique my spending habits." I say. "You're only here because you're on a case. Be honest." He says.

Sometimes I forget I'm my father's daughter and I get all of my personality from him.

"Now, how's rhat girlfriend of yours?" He asks. I hoped he wouldn't bring her up. "She's away right now. I haven't heard from her in a while." I say. "How are you doing with that?" "I've just been trying to keep myself busy. That's why I'm here."

He pauses and stares at me before starting again. "Well you could own a franchise. Or be like me and buy businesses, make money, and then sell it." "Can I do what you're doing." "I'm in the middle of buying out Amazon. If you want, you can help me out and I'll give you 50% of the earnings."

"Really?" I ask. "Of course. Anything for my little girl." He says. "Thank you!! That's so much money I'm going to make!" "Yes it is, and then after that you can buy so many businesses, you could even start your own. Real estate is booming right now I think you should start there." "Okay, thank you so much Dad. I have to get back to work tho." I say.

I give him a hug and grab my stuff. I get into the SUV and drive towards the FBI LA field office.

"Pen!" I say taking some of her fries. "Hello raven haired darling. How was seeing your dad?" "It was actually good. We are going to start doing business together." I say. "Oh that's great!!!"

"He asked about JJ." I say. "Emily... just tell me where is JJ?" She asks. "Pen you know I can't say." "Do you want me to start hacking and stalk her?" "No you really cannot do that pen." I know she would get arrested the second the attempts to do that.

"How could she just leave like that. I thought we were her family." She says.

It's not JJ's fault. She didn't have a choice. The team sometimes blames her and I hate it because I can't say anything to defend her without more follow up questions.

They think that she got job offers and she just up and left all of us. But that's so far from the truth.

"Guys let's go! We have an address." Hotch says and I get up and grab my FBI vest.

We speed to the address and wind up at some old worn down home. Morgan kicks the door down and we're met with our unsub holding a gun to his victim.

"Put the gun down!" Hotch yells. "NO!" The unsub yells back.

"We know what you went through. We know how your father treated you. Put the gun down and I will make sure you get the justice you deserve." Rossi says.

"THIS. IS. JUSTICE." He yells.

"No it's not. Your father is not affected by these crimes Daniel you know that." I say.

"SHUT UP!" He says. "No. Daniel, put it down or you can never tell your side of the story." Hotch says.

"I don't care about that anymore."

He aims his gun and shoots. Towards me.

I'm knocked to the ground, the bullet hit my vest. I banged my head so hard into the ground that all I saw was black.