25

Christmas Eve
Emily's house

JJ's pov

I open my eyes to emily placing kisses all over my face. "Good morning." I smile. "Merry Christmas Eve my love." She places her lips on mine. "You ready for work today?"

It seemed like a good idea last night but now that I actually have to do it ... "I change my mind." "Nope." Emily ripped the covers off me.

"I am spending Christmas Eve with my girlfriend. Which means you have to go into work." "Ugh emily I really do want to spend time with you but I don't want to go to work."

"What if I bribe you with mind blowing sex afterwards." She says. "Well you could've started with that." I get up and go find some clothes and she starts laughing.

-

We get into the car and emily's driving of course. She places her hand on my thigh just how I like it. My mind starts to wander into thoughts of my sister. And how it should've been me. "Stop that." Emily looks at me. "Stop what?" I say. "Stop blaming yourself. You were 11 at the time there was nothing more you could've done. And yes it could've been you, but it wasn't. Cherish your life JJ. Roslyn would've wanted that."

"I feel guilty for cherishing my life when Roslyn can't." "She told you that she loves you JJ, no matter what. She wouldn't want you be to depressed and not live your life because she can't." "You're right." I smile at her.

I love her for trying to pull me out of the depressive spiral before it was too late. I don't know many other people who would do that for me.

We pull into the parking garage and get out. "I love you." I whisper to her, leaning my head on her shoulder as we walk into the building. "I love you more."

We settle down into the office and there's a knock on my door. "Welcome back JJ." Hotch says, "I expected you to be gone longer." "Well Emily sorta dragged me in here. Didn't really have much of a choice but I'm glad to be here."

He starts to talk about some files I had to go over but I wasn't listening to him at all. I was too focused on one file. "Hotch as have a case. Boston." I say and get up.

"Merry Christmas everybody my gift to you is a case!" I walk into the bullpen and make my way to the conference room.

"She's back for sure." Derek laughs.

I present the case and we quickly made our way to the jet. Garcia came with us this time. Simply cause it's Christmas.

Shortly after, I fell asleep. I've been doing absolutely nothing but sleeping these past few days so I guess I get tired easily. Feels good to finally shut my brain off.

-

I woke up leaning on derek's shoulder and I look around at everyone seated. "Did we do the profile yet?" I ask. "Yeah. You were fast asleep, weren't budging either." "Damn."

I get up to go use the restroom and gosh I'm hungry.

"Are there any good snacks on here I'm hungry." I walk out the bathroom and look in the cabinets... pop corn, and saltine crackers. Nothing good.

"Good morning Goldilocks." Rossi jokes from across the plane and I shoot him a weird look. "That's not JJ giving you a weird look that's her hunger." Emily says and Rossi nods.

I grab a toss pillow and throw it at her just because I feel like it. "Uh- what was that for?" She says. "I'm hungry!!!" "We can eat when we land I don't have anything."

"I could so go for cheese burgers right now..... wait, we are spending Christmas in Boston..." "Indeed we are." Hotch looks up from his phone, "sorry guys I tried to find us the nicest hotel but all of them are booked."

"That won't be a problem," emily says, "my father has agreed to let us use his Boston home. 7 beds, 6 baths. Everyone gets their own room. All decorated for Christmas. He's been in LA on business for over a year so he's happy to let us stay cost free."

"That's really great. Tell him we appreciate it." Hotch smiles.

"Emily what does your dad do for a living?" Reid says.  "He's the CEO of a lot of things, I can't even name them all." "So you come from politics and money. Lucky kid." Morgan says. "You would think. I wasn't always that lucky." Emily says and frowns.

"What do you mean?" I ask and the rest of team seemed intrigued. "Well, I'm so grateful that my parents gave me a beautiful life and made sure I always had everything I wanted. But besides finance.... They weren't really parents to me. My dad didn't care about me until I graduated college. And my mom kinda just wanted to hear the drama in my life. She never once gave me advice, taught me a life lesson or anything... she loves to think we were best friends... I practically raised myself and it was really lonely."

"So I guess that rules out the 'money can buy happiness' statement" Morgan says. "Yes it does." She nods.