006

Thalia spent the next day in her locked room, Thomas out in the Maze with Minho, keeper of the runners, and Thalia had no idea what to do

She had no assigned job, so she walked into the Med-Hut. She looked at the comatose girl that lay on the cot still, and then looked at Jeff who was feeding her.

"Oh, hey Thalia!" He smiled, and Thalia walked over. "How are you? Been feeling better?" He asked and she gave a small nod with a smile.

"Great, actually. Thanks Jeff." Thalia said, crouching to look at Teresa. "Hows the girl?" Thalia asked.

"Should wake up any time now, take over for me?" Jeff asked and and Thalia didn't hesitate to grab the spoon from Jeff, taking over for Jeff as he sighed and went to check her stats.

"Hey, you should see if Newt would let you join the Med-Jacks." Jeff said, making Thalias eyes widen.

"The Med-Jacks? Me? Absolutely not." She let out a chuckle, putting her hand against Teresa's forehead to feel that she was warm.

"I'm serious! Your med-jack material." He shrugged, walking back over to them. Thalia scoffed, still smiling. "What time do you think the Runners will be back?" She asked.

"Who knows, obviously before the walls close, but there's no designated time." Jeff shrugged, grabbing the spoon from Thalia and continuing to feed Teresa.

She sighed, looking outside.

Thomas and Minho made it back to the Glade, went to a closed off area, then there were the walls closing and dinner. Chuck tried to talk to Thomas several times, which didn't go unnoticed by Thalia, but all Thomas would do was nod and shake his headed only half hearing, he appeared to be very tired.

Why are you avoiding Chuck? Thalia asked Thomas, not expecting a response before she could hear his voice in her head.

I'm just tired, Lia. Thomas said which made Thalia feel a shiver up her back. Since when could he respond? She thought, just nodding and finishing her dinner.

Before twilight faded to blackness, she was already in her new favorite room in the secluded locked bedroom Newt granted her, wondering how everything would go now. Wondering if she really could be a med-jack with Jeff, who seemed to be her best-friend right now.

She was somewhere very close to sleep when a voice spoke in her head, a pretty, feminine voice that sounded as if it came from a fairy goddess trapped in her skull. The next morning, when everything started going crazy she'd wonder if the voice had been real or part of a dream. But she heard it all the same, and remembered every word:

Tom, Lia, I just triggered the Ending.