002

Thalia jolted up, sucking in shaky breaths and looking around her

Thalia jolted up, sucking in shaky breaths and looking around her. Thalia noticed two boys standing beside her on what seemed to be a cot, eyes widen open.

The two looked at each other, then began whispering. Thalia only caught a short amount of it, "Should we tell Newt?" The black haired boy asked.

"Obviously you shank. Go!" The other said, and the boy ran off quickly. "First, a greenie goes into the maze, now one of 'ems awake.."

Thalia didn't hesitate to speak, "Who are you?" The boy jumped at the sound of the voice, turning slightly to Thalia. "Welcome to the real world." He muttered.

"The wha—" Thalia begun but what interrupted by the man, "You were in a coma after you came up in the box. Seems you woke up before your friend here." He said, gesturing to the sleeping girl on a cot next to me. "Well, that's if she wakes up."

"My names Jeff." He said, smiling very slightly. He walked over to Thalia, "What's yours?" Jeff asked.

Thalia hesitated, but for some reason she told him her name. "Thalia," she answered. "Well, Thalia, welcome to The Glade." Jeff replied, then what Thalia recognized as to be Newt walked in to the room, as well as the other boy from earlier.

"When did she wake?" Newt asked, walking over to Jeff. "Just now." Jeff said, gesturing toward Thalia. "And she's.. fine?" Newt asked, looking at her.

Jeff raised his eyebrows, "Yes, Newt. She just passed out from exhaustion and dehydration out there." Thalia couldn't tell if he was being serious or sarcastic.

"Well, with Greenie and Minho out in the Maze tonight, let's just have Thomas do a tour tomorrow." Newt basically rolled his eyes, as if he wanted nothing to do with her.

"Wait, did you say Greenie? You mean the boy from when I woke up?" Thalia quickly asked. "You mean Thomas?" She didn't know why she had said it, but silence covered the room. It just sputtered out, as if her voice decided it wanted to decide what to do today.

"What did you just say?" Newt furrowed his brows, leaning forward. "I said, did you mean Thomas." Thalia answered, sure of the name, but not entirely sure of who it was owned by.

Newt threw his hands in exasperation, "Well bloody hell! The doors are about to open, I don't have time for this." Newt rushed out the door, and Thalia groaned for the missed opportunity of some information.

Thalia sat on the bed, waiting for Newt to return while Jeff said he had to tend to one of the 'Runners.' She did not understand their slang, or their choice of names.

She glanced up from where she was sitting on the edge of the cot to spot a boy walking past in the door. Someone was feeding the girl next to her, but the boy and Thalia looked at eachother before he continued walking through the— whatever it was, Thalia had no idea.