020

Thalia wakes up to hear Thomas yelling at a crow to stop eating the only small bits of food they have, "Are they gone?" she asks, referring to the cranks

"Yeah, we're safe for now." Thomas answers, and everyone stands up. "We should get moving." Thomas says but Winston groans as he tries to stand up.

"Hey, man.." Frypan says as he squats to Winston. "You okay?" he asks as he helps him stand up.

And here comes the long journey. They all get out of the rock pile to see a destroyed city, the sun blazing so they can barely see, and lots and lots of rubble.

"What the hell happened to this place?" Minho asks as they all walk on the sandy road. "I don't know.." Newt mutters. "But it doesn't look like anyone's been here in awhile."

"I hope the whole worlds not like this." Aris sighed. "Woah woah hang on stop." Thomas says and Thalia groans, turning around. "What now? she asks.

"Do you hear that?" Thomas asked. There was nothing but silence for awhile, everyone trying to listen and hear what Thomas was talking about.

Then Thalia heard it. WICKED. "Get down!" she yelled, "Everybody hide!" They found some rubble to hide under, a very large WICKED plane going across the city.

"They're never gonna stop looking for us, are they?" Minho asked and Florence but a reassuring hand on his shoulder which he smiled slightly at. They all left the rubble, climbing a large sand hill.

"That's the mountains that's gotta be it." Thomas says as he points at the mountains. "That's where were going."

"That's a long way off." Newt says. "We better get moving." Minho replied but as soon as they all took the first step Winston toppled over.

"Winston! Hey!" Thalia yelled. "Winston!" Thomas yelled as well, everyone kneeling down next to him.

"He's hurt pretty bad," Thomas said. "What do we do?" Teresa asked.

Thomas told everyone to take Winston's unconscious body with them, much to Thalia's dismay because they ran into a sand storm on their way. They eventually found a rest stop, everyone took off their jackets because of the heat.

Thalia was messing with her tank tops strap, the sweat bothering her as she watched Winston's chest heave up and down quickly. She spotted Thomas up at the hill so her and Teresa nodded at each other and walked over to him.

"Looks like they're getting further away." Teresa muttered.

"We just gotta keep moving we can make it." Thomas said, shaking his head.

"How's it lookin?" Newt asked from down the hill. Thalia gave a thumbs up and turned back to Thomas.

Thalia then looked at Teresa and noticed her fidgeting with the back of her neck. "Hey, what's going on with you?" she asked Teresa.

"They did something to me." Teresa said, pulling her hair to the side and showing them both the back of her neck to reveal some kind of symbol. "At first it felt like I was just.. waking up from a dream or something. Then they all started coming back."

"Your memories?" Thalia asked.

Teresa nodded. "What do you remember?" Thomas asked.

"I remember the first time they brought Thomas in, I was taller than him." Teresa smiled. "And faster." that made Thomas and Thalia chuckle. "And I remember why we were there."

"We thought we could fix all this," Teresa sighed. "I think we should go back."

"What?" Thomas muttered.

Teresa quickly explained, "Just- just listen to me."

Thalia scoffed, "What are you talking about go back? After everything they've done to us?" Teresa shook her head, "It's not that simple."

"Yeah I think it is that simple." Thomas said quickly.

"No, you don't understand." Teresa replied. "What? What don't I understand?" he said, their voiced still hushed.

"Everything was fine until Lia-.." Teresa cut herself off. "What?" Thalia muttered.

Teresa sighed, "Nothing."

"Teresa what aren't you telling me?" Thalia asked.

The silence was cut off by a gun shot, making them all turn their heads and see Winston trying to shoot himself.

"What happened?" Teresa asked. "I don't know he just woke up and grabbed the gun--and he tried to-.." Frypan was cut off by Thalia.

"Winston .. Winston you okay?" Thalia asked Winston as he threw up a black substance and layed on the floor.

"It's.. growing.." Winston breathed out, lifting up his shirt and showing the gashes. "I'm not gonna make it."

"Please.." winston begged, reaching out for the gun. "Don't let me turn into one of those things." Newt grabbed the gun from frypan.

"Newt-.." Thalia spoke but she knew it was no use. Newt handed Winston the gun slowly, then they all turned away and began walking up the hill.

"Thank you.." Winston said as Thalia felt a tear drop down her face. She was Thomas leave so she slowly turned around, walking with him.

The only sound filling the sandy area was the sound of a gunshots echo bursting louder than a storm to their ears.