035

"Just go we don't have time!" Gally said to them as they turned around

"Just go we don't have time!" Gally said to them as they turned around. "I'll get the serum we'll meet you out back."

"Okay, fine. Let's go." Thomas said, grabbing Thalias hand and rushing them out the door.

They made it to the lobby, Thalia letting go of Thomas' hand to push the button. It was taking a bit, silence, so Thalia debated speaking up.

    "I'm sorry." Thomas spoke making Thalia surprised at the apologetic tone of his voice.

    "For what?" She asked, furrowing her brows at him.

    Thomas sighed, "I was quick to resent you when I didn't know the full story on why you did.. what you did. I guess.. I was just mad at Teresa and then I lost you, too."

   "The only reason I did it was because of my mother." Thalia said quietly.

   "Your mom?"

   "Yeah." She chuckled. "Her name was Anna. She had these chocolate brown eyes with specks of gold, like yours." Thomas smiled softly under his mask even though Thalia couldn't see him.

   "And she always scolded me for eating the last box of Twinkies. Her hair was always up in that low braid, put to the side and her smile.."

Thalia furrowed her brows.

"What? What's wrong?" Thomas asked.

"Mark.. said that he killed Anna. But he explained everything except for him killing Anna." She mumbled.

"Then how did she die?" Thomas asked.

#~#~#~#

"Vince! Vince," Thalia yelled, running to the man. "Where is Anna?"

    "Thal.. Thal," Vince grabbed her shoulders, trying to calm her down.

   "Vince, I can't.. I can't find Anna." Thalia muttered as a large video popped up on their one and only TV, they thought it didn't work anymore but who knows with WICKED.

   "Hello Right Arm. My name is Dr. Ava Paige, as you know, or must know by now, we have taken Dr. Anna Forge."

   "Mom!" Thalia yelled to the TV.

   "We heard about your plan, Forge of Oak was it? I suppose Forge would be Dr.Annas last name, Oak I don't know however. Whatever it is, let this be a warning."

   Tortured by wicked, slaughtered. Those were the words on the headstone with no body under it.

#~#~#~#

   "Oh my god." Thalia breathed out. "Mark. Mark ratted out our plan to WICKED.." she said.

   "What plan?" Newt asked.

   "My mom, she made a plan to infiltrate WICKEDS files, steal them, and then when there defense was down Vince would take the Army and then it would escalate. It was called Forge of Oak. Forge for my mother's last name, Oak was something she would never tell anyone about."

    "Wait, what does Mark have to do with that?"

    "Mark was a spy for WICKED. We rescued him, and as you know.." she muttered.

    "Hey, it's okay. You told us enough." Thomas put a hand on her shoulder and she nodded, smiling. Then the elevator opened, and they quickly stepped in.

    Before the doors closed, someone put a hand to stop the door. "Hold it." Janson said as he walked in.

    It was silent as the elevator went up.

    "You're working late." Janson said to Thalia and finally broke the silence. She hadn't even thought of the time.

    "Yeah, Millie and Teresa are out tonight so I'm filling in." She said while she kept a straight face.

    "See that's what I like about you Thalia, no matter how bleak things get you just.. well you never give up." Janson added on. "In times like this you.. need a friend that you can count on."

    "I'll keep that in mind."

    "There is one thing you should know.." Janson paused. "One friend to another, Thomas is here."

    "What?" She asked, turning to him.

    "The surveillance picked him up outside the walls. Ava didn't want you to know but there's a chance that he may try to contact you and if he does.. well, I'd like to think that I'd be your first call." Janson told her.

    "Especially after what he did to you, right Lia?" Janson asked.

    "Yeah.. right. Are you.. are you going to kill him?" Thalia asked.

     "Would that be a problem?" The elevator doors opened.

     "This is me." She stepped out, Thomas and Newt following in the Guard uniforms.

     "There's something about your blood I don't understand.." Thalia muttered to Thomas as they walked to a door.

     "Open it," Thomas said.

    She used her thumb, and they stopped. "Don't waste your breath Thalia." They heard Janson say and they turned around.

    Thomas pointed his gun to Janson as well. "He made his choice long ago."

    "Drop it kid!" A guard said from their side. Thomas grabbed Thalia wrapping his arm around her neck and putting the gun to her head.

    "Back up." Thomas ordered. "Tell them to back off!" Thomas yelled to Janson.

    "Thomas what are you doing?" She asked confused and panicking.

    "Hey, Thomas come on." Janson said as he walked forward. "It's me, I've known you longer than you can remember you're not gonna shoot her."

    What's that supposed to mean? She asked him through her mind.

    Just play along, Lia. Thomas spoke.

   "You don't think so?" Thomas asked, putting his finger on the trigger.

   "Okay, go on then." Janson said as he put his gun in the air. "Shoot her. Prove me wrong."

   She looked to the side, seeing the fire alarm as an idea got in her head.

   "Shoot her."

    She pushed herself off Thomas, turning and pushing them all into the room as they fell to the floor with a thump and the door closed because of her pulling the alarm.

    She landed on Thomas, making him sigh. "You had to push us?" He asked.

    She groaned, "yes. Now help me up." She rolled off him, lifting her hand in the air as Thomas stood up and pulled her up.

" She rolled off him, lifting her hand in the air as Thomas stood up and pulled her up