014

"Steady

"Steady." A girls voice said behind her.

"I'm steadying!" Thalia said annoyed, holding the bow with precision yet her hands are slightly shaky.

"Not hard enough. Focus, imagine hitting a crank that killed me." The woman gestured toward herself and Thalia rolled her eyes.

"Fuck off." She muttered.

"Thalia, come on. Just try." She asked, pleading even. Thalia grumbled and muttered protests, but held up the bow again.

She took a deep breath, then let the arrow go. It hit straight into the practices head. Then she screamed, "YES! ANNA! Did you see that?!" She said, turning to the woman.

She laughed, "Yes, my angel. I saw that."

A boy came into the room, "look at that! Thalia is actually doing what she's told for once." He smiled.

Thalia groaned, "hello to you too Mark." She grumbled.

"How's it going?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her. She smiled, "good."

"That's good." He muttered, kissing her softly. She giggled, pushing him away.

"I love you." She said.

He smiled, "I love you, my little Lia."

#~#~#~#

Thalia awoke to shouting, so she took the hint and quickly left the helicopter which was parked. Everyone was guiding them into a large compound, guards yelling "keep moving" over and over as the large gates shut and they were inside the guarded compound.

They were all given clothes, a shower, but then they were told to be taken to an investigation room. There was Jensen and Thomas as she sat next to Thomas of course.

"Thomas, Thalia, thank you for seeing me. I'm sorry for the inconvenience I was hoping we.. could get a moment to chat in private." Jensen said as he sat down.

"Well, I won't take up too much of your time. I only have one question.." Thalia furrowed her brows as he spoke.

"What do you remember about WICKED?" Thalia felt herself rolling her eyes at Jensens words. "You're not in trouble, we're just having a conversation I'm just trying to understand."

"Understand what?" Thomas asked.

"Whose side are you on?" Jensen asked. Thomas sighed.

"I remember we used to work for WICKED." As Thomas spoke Jensen seemed to scowl at Thalia when he said We.

"I remember they sent us into the maze." Thomas continued. "I remember watching our friends die in front of me."

"I'm on their side." Thomas said.

"Interesting." Jensen responded. "You say you worked for wicked but.. they sent you into the maze. Why would they do something like that?"

"I don't know maybe you shouldve asked them before you killed them all." Thalia mumbled out and Jensen smiled.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." He said. "And you, Thalia? Whose side are you on?"

Thalia paused for a moment, the memory hadn't made sense. If she was with WICKED, who were these people and why was she using a bow and not a gun?

"Thomas'." She answered quickly.

"Hm." He said, still smiling. "Can I ask you a question, Thalia?"

"What Rat Man?" She felt herself smiling at the name as his smile dropped.

"How's Mark?" He asked. Thalia felt her heart froze, "Enjoy the rest of your stay."

Lia? Thomas asked. Whose mark?

how should I know?

"You and your friends will join the others." Jensen said. "Soon you'll be moving to cleaner pastures."

"Wait." Thalia spoke. "Others?"

 "Others?"