Winnie the Pooh

Namjoon settled the four month old baby in his lap, tucking the knitted blanket around the tiny legs. Grace had fed baby Bora an hour ago and she had gone down for a nap but Uncle Joon had heard the small whimpers of his niece from across the room. It was rare to get Bora on her own without someone interrupting and Namjoon savoured every moment he had.

Grace and Seokjin had decided to bring up their daughter like Grace had been brought up, in a mixed household of British and Korean. And so Namjoon had bought the new baby her very first set of English books for home and another set for the studio which had been Grace's but now belonged to Bora as well. A crib, changing table and a small bookcase had been set up in there.

A set of Winnie the Pooh books had taken pride of place on the first shelf of the bookcase.

"Shall we get started?" Namjoon asked, holding the baby close to him with one hand and the other hand holding open the book.

Hazel eyes met dark brown ones and he earned a smile in return.

"Okay," grinned Namjoon, chuffed that he got a smile out of the normally serious baby.

"Once upon a time, a very long time ago now, about last Friday, Winnie-the-Pooh lived in a forest all by himself under the name of Sanders," Namjoon started. If anyone was watching, they would have seen the tiny baby behind held by a large man, both with their eyes on the page. And both would barely get to the end of chapter one, falling asleep after reading about the bears adventures in one hundred acre woods.

Grace found them an hour later, still fast asleep. She quietly pulled out her phone and took a photo, sending it to the group chat with a purple heart emoji. Grace gently pulled the book away from Namjoon's hand and bookmarked the page, slipping the book back onto the shelf and then turning to the two. The knitted blanket soon covered tiny feet and thick thighs.

Winnie-the-Pooh could wait for another day.