Sleep Time

Seokjin wanted to boast that he was a good father. He had taken to parenting as if he had been doing it his whole life, which considering who he helped raise then that would be correct. Dirty nappies, bottles, food, the baby was feeling ill, he was there all for it and ready for it. Vomit explosion - he was there with the cleanup. The baby was not well - he was there with the medication.

Another thing he was good at, getting the baby to sleep. However, tonight his daughter was proving that maybe her father didn't know everything or could do everything.

She had been fussy all day, slowly getting over a typical cold which had left the normal happy baby feeling miserable. No amount of comfort from her uncles, especially Uncle Kookie, or even her grandparents or even her mother was soothing her.

"Ah my Bora, you're upsetting your appa here," Seokjin soothed as he carried her around the living room, curtains still open to overlook Seoul at night. Even Min-Ji let out a small meow at the upset child.

"See, even Min-Ji is worried about you," Seokjin turned so the little one could see the large white cat spread across the back of the couch staring at them. That didn't seem to work either.

Bringing out his phone, he pulled up his music app. He typed in his choice and pressed play, connecting the phone to the bluetooth speaker.

The instrumental version of Magic Shop quietly played in the background, Seokjin humming along to it as he swayed on the spot. If there was one thing his daughter loved, that was music and if she was anything like her uncles, music was going to be the best stress relief for her.

"So show me," Seokjin quietly sung as he glanced down, spotting the small hazel eyes finally begin to close. "I'll show you. So show me, I'll show you. Show you."

By the end of the song, Bora was fast asleep in her father's arms.

"ARMY is always the right choice when it comes to songs," her father mused as he turned towards the nursery.