So Many Uncles

A simple text message arrived in the group chat at around 10am, startling some out of their sleep and startling some who hadn't bothered to go to bed yet.

Kim Bora.

Arrived at 4am this morning, April 27th.

You have an hour to get here.

It prompted a sometimes slow moving BTS to throw clothes on, brush teeth, quickly drink coffee, grab what gifts they had organised and high tailed it over to Asan Medical Center. It took twenty minutes from HYBE to get to the hospital, security guards already stationed at the back entrance that was normally used by celebrities.

While they were respectful of where they were and they tried to be completely quiet, Seokjin couldn't help but grin at the noise of footsteps coming down the hallway towards their private room. He hadn't expected them to come so quickly but then the uncles of baby bangtan had been on tenterhooks the moment the first message to the group chat was sent:

Action stations! Baby bangtan has started its descent.

Typical of Seokjin.

The baby in question was fast asleep in her mother's arms, completely unaware of the chaos outside her room. She had just been bathed, fed, nappy changed and out for the count. And while Seokjin changed his daughter with deft hands, Grace had taken a shower with the help of a nurse and her mother.

Now they were ready for the boys.

Namjoon was through the door first, as expected of the leader. Yoongi next, then Hobi and finally the maknae line. All loud at first but soon shut up by a glare from the new father. "Awww," Jimin cooed as he finally spotted the baby in the arms of their female member.

Grace grinned, taking a quick glance at her daughter before she slipped her into the waiting arms of Yoongi. He was the third eldest, so he got first dibs on the new baby.

"Waa noona, she looks like you," Taehyung stared at the baby from the shoulder of his hyung who looked absolutely besotted with the tiny thing in his embrace.

"She looks like hyung as well, I think she's got his lips," Jungkook added as he took a quick glance but made his way straight to Grace. As much as he wanted to see his new baby sister, his substitute mother was his main priority.

"Her eyes are her grandmother's though," Seokjin added as he helped Hobi put all the gifts on the table and gratefully took the takeaway cup of coffee.

Bora was passed to Namjoon then, who protested but soon melted when he got a good sniff at the new baby smell. "She's going to have so many songs written about her," the leader muttered, taking another quick sniff at the new baby smell then passed her onto Hobi.

She chose this moment to open her eyes causing Hobi to react with a loud gasp, causing said eyes to stare at him. "She does have her grandmother's eyes. Oh but they look like Jungkook's when he was young. Come look at this."

It was interesting to watch six men fight for prime position to look at the new baby, who stared at them in the most deadpan way a few hours old baby could. Seokjin quickly pulled out his phone, tapping on the camera app.

"Hey uncles," he called out and grinned when all six heads popped up causing Grace to laugh from her bed. "Cheese."