25 Weeks

The practice room was filled with sounds of unreleased music, some heavy breathing, the squeaking of shoes, someone dropping a bottle of water on the wooden flooring and the mutters of the staff. It was the typical chaos expected of BTS and even after their military service, they were still the same lunatics when it came to dance practice. Of course, there were changes to muscles, structure, punctuality and how
everything was planned to the finest detail.

Some things, however, could not be planned to the finest detail.

With the boys back all together from the military, their comeback plans were finalised and put in place. A new album was in the making with a single having been released about two months ago and a tour was in the planning stages. It had been thought out, in great detail, with all eight members signed on and ready to go.

Yet, life never listens to plans.

Life finds a way.

Grace had been the sole member to represent the group as the boys completed their military career and her final solo concert coincided with BTS 12th anniversary. The following months allowed her to relax for once while the last members finished their service and she could enjoy having Seokjin home, could enjoy not worrying about music for once.

The plus sign on a pregnancy test threw every plan out of the window.

It wasn't planned, it never is. It was wanted but later on. However, life found a way as Bang PD jokingly said when he was told the news. And any fear or worry about what was going to happen slowly shifted when the team came together to make adjustments.

The tour would go ahead but without Grace. She would still be there but behind the scenes, dealing with a newborn baby if all went okay. BTS would play as seven members, 6 uncles and 1 Dad.

For now, she was still part of the process and still part of practice. The 25-week baby bump had stopped her fully dancing but she could still sing and she wasn't going to miss a single practice, interview or the like until B-Day as Jungkook had taken to calling it. B-Day for the day she was meant to give birth.

The boys had been over the moon and beyond with joy at the news. Finally, after many hints and a bit of begging, Seokjin & Grace were going to make them uncles. In Jungkook's case, he was finally going to be a big brother and big brother had taken to following his mother wherever she went. If Seokjin wasn't there, Jungkook was.

Jimin and Taehyung were twins of loud support - kings of snacks, blankets, and foot rubs.

Hobi had been a bouncing ball of sunshine and was already buying clothes for a child whose gender nobody knew but they all had a feeling of what it would be. Namjoon immediately started researching and buying pregnancy books, DISPATCH catching him once and sending the media into a flurry of rumours. None of which were denied or talked about.

Yoongi had taken it upon himself to build the nursery and buy the furniture. That was his job and nobody was going to take it from him. He was also secretly making a lullaby album for the future.

And Seokjin - well he was a bit of a worrywort. Constantly worrying about everything, mostly if he would be a good father because he would be on the road most of the time and he was childish yet mature, strong yet weak and every moment was a worry. But he was excited, just like the staff were, just like the families were.

The first Bangtan baby.

And the first Bangtan baby was getting a taste of the song IDOL.

Grace had a microphone in one hand, the other hand on the side of her stomach where her child seemed to be hitting in time with the beat and in front of her on the table was a selection of snacks. The doctor had told her to snack daily on carrots, cheese, yoghurt and some apple wedges with strawberries and tangerines. So it was a constant process of munching on a baby carrot then sing her lines then munch on something else.

It wasn't too bad. She'd rather be eating than sweating.

"How's baby Bangtan doing?" Yoongi asked, coming over once the song was done to steal some tangerine segments.

"Baby Bangtan was enjoying IDOL and were dancing up a storm, if the pain in my ribs is any indication," Grace sighed then frowned when she realised what Yoongi had stolen. Seeing the look on her face, Yoongi quickly sat down and began peeling the other tangerines. If there was one thing he was going to do, it would be not getting on Grace's bad side. Her mood swings have been a bit unpredictable lately.

"Noona, I've got your black tea," Jimin said as he placed the mug on the table before sitting beside his noona.

Tea - the only drink she could have twice a week. And it had to be black, not her normal drink which she missed.

"Ah here comes Joon with his daily pregnancy fact," Yoongi muttered with a grin as he finished peeling one tangerine.

Namjoon ignored the smaller man and glared at Jimin for giggling. "25 weeks so 6 months, we've got 3 months to go. Baby should start developing blood vessels in their lungs and their nose will start to work as well," he read off his phone where he had downloaded an app to keep track.

"We? What we? I think it's Grace and I who have 3 months to go," Seokjin wandered over as he pressed a towel to his skin to dry it from the sweat.

"No hyung, we all have three months to go until the bangtan baby is here," Jungkook said while coming up behind the older man to give him a light slap to the neck before settling down beside Grace.

Grace could see Seokjin's mouth begin to open with his traditional 'ya!' but Taehyung beat him to it, shoving his phone in front of his face. "Jin-hyung, what do you think of that t-shirt? I think we should all get one for when the baby comes. It says Team Bangtan Baby."

"Team Bangtan Baby," Hobi grinned as he took his place next to Jimin. "That kind of works. Can we use that when we start doing RUN BTS again? We can have baby-themed episodes. Who can change a nappy the quickest?"

"You won't be able to do that hyung, you can't stand the sight of sick so how are you going to deal with dirty nappies?" Jimin asked, pushing the mug of tea closer again.

"I can deal with it, I've changed since the military you know," Hobi glared at the younger man while puffing up his chest.

"Hobi-hyung, you screamed and jumped when you bumped into that mannequin the other day," Jungkook pointed out from where he lay his head against Grace's stomach, grinning when he felt the light kicks.

"I'm feeling very ganged up on here," Hobi muttered as he pulled out his phone and distracted himself.

"How are you feeling anyway, Gigi?" Namjoon asked, turning the attention back to the woman in question.

"Hemorrhoids are fun," Grace said in the most deadpan way she could causing Yoongi to giggle behind his hand and for Namjoon to stutter.

"Boys! As much as it's fun to torture your female member, we've got practice to get to," Sung-deuk called from the other side of the room.

There was a collective groans and sighs as they all stood up. Grace smugly grinned, holding up her strawberries and leaning back against the chair that had been provided. "Go on boys, I've covered you for over a year. Now it's your turn. I've got some baking to do here, only three months to go."