Sleep Tears

Jeon Jungkook was known as many things to ARMY - golden maknae, bunny, JK, Kookie, muscle pig and the list goes on. He was also known as the adoptive son of Grace Chu and Seokjin Kim, having been raised by the two with Yoongi since he arrived in the Bangtan dorm all those years ago. He was nearing 30 now, a constant fact that Seokjin loved to remind him about, and a completely grown man. His title of maknae seemed silly now especially when another member of the team had taken that title away from him only a couple of months ago.

The tiny baby had been left in her older brother's capable hands as various members of BTS went to meetings, leaving Jungkook last so he could be on babysitting duty until Seokjin came back. Kim Bora, finding meetings as boring as her father did, spent most of the time asleep in the portable crib that one of them always carried around. Jungkook scrolled through various social media on his phone as a form of entertainment until he was called away or until Bora woke up.

However, he found himself being woken up only twenty minutes later to cries coming from the crib.

Tripping over chunky shoes, Jungkook found himself pausing as he reached for his baby sister. He had never dealt with a crying baby before, not on his own at least and there had been no instructions left by Seokjin or Grace over what to do if their daughter woke up crying.

"Bb," he muttered as he used the nickname that was so familiar now. Large hands picked up the tiny body and held her close to his chest, carefully cradling her as he moved around the room while slowly rocking. "Did you have a bad dream? Don't worry, big brother is here to protect you."

Jungkook hummed under his breath, turning to Seokjin's song Moon, while he rocked and swayed. The cries which seemed loud and deafening before now turned to muffled whimpers. Then there was nothing as she drifted back to sleep, slumped against Jungkook's chest.

"There we go," he whispered but didn't let go or put her back down in her crib again. He took a quick selfie which he sent to the group chat and switched his phone to silent, not wanting to disturb Bora with the incoming messages that he felt vibrate in the pocket of his jacket.

Who knew when he would have children of his own so for now, he was more content to shower his little sister with all the love and affection he could give. ARMY would have to deal with the fact that they were no longer number 1 on the list, Kim Bora was.