Chapter 19

"Chan! We have to do something!" Changbin yelled through the door.

Chan's studio wasn't completely soundproof, and a little curious cat passing by could easily hear about the conversation unfolding in there.

Minho was passing by, and curiosity killed the cat.

"I'm being completely serious Chan. He's more than broken at the moment. He's hardly moving, refused to eat, refused to shower. He's in a vegetative state at this point" Changbin said, shaking his head in frustration "I don't know what to do anymore, I'm scared now" He insisted

"How bad has it been?" Chan asked, feeling his stomach churning when Changbin's expression got sadder.

Changbin hesitated for a second, but he ended up admitting the truth.

"To the point he's hurting himself" Changbin revealed

"Self-harming?" Chan repeated, voice weak.

"Yes" Changbin confirmed his terrifying doubts

"God... How didn't I notice ..." Chan stated, head falling on his palm.

Minho felt like he was about to throw up.

His body stiffened, and a shiver ran down his spine.

He blinked a few times, trying to understand the informations he just heard about. Trying to process things and realize to what point they had arrived.

Jisung, his Jisung, the one he sickeningly cared for, the one he insulted weeks ago out of unrational fury. 

Jisung was breaking right in front of him, because of him.

The first thing he did was run. He run back to the practice's room and searched for his things.

He grabbed his keys, and run to his car.

He drove home fast, maybe even breaking the speed limits, not even caring about anything else than getting home.

Arriving home, he closed himself in his room, and let his body fall to the ground. His head lowered and he hugged his knees tightly, searching for warmth and comfort in his freezing body.

It's your fault

Look at what you did

You've fallen so much you broke everyone around you

You spent years convicing him to take care of himself, only to push him into it again

Are you happy about it ? Are you proud ?

You're the worst person Jisung could have around him.

You're the worst thing that has ever happened to him.

He broke into a sob, tears falling endlessly as he felt the pain pull at his heart.

You know what would help to feel better, don't you ?

He had been doing so well, he had been so proud of what he did.

Nothing would comfort you more than this

On his knees, he walked in his room, searching for his things with his eyes, until he saw it.

Minho grabbed his little bag, and the tentation suddenly multiplied.

All the hair over his body raised, all his tingles were back, it was as if he had been deprived of every single sense, but it slowly came back as he approached the substance.

He needs it, so why not?

What about the week streaks ? What about the pain and the efforts ?

Would it even matter now ? Now that everyone and everything is ruined around him ?

Jisung would be better if you're healthier and apologize

Jisung would be better if Minho disappeared from the surface of the Earth.

With tears rolling down his cheeks, he shaped the little white powder in a few lines on his table.

Relapsing are part of the progress, right ?

In a few minutes, the little bag was emptied, thrown to the floor.

In a few hours, Minho was completely unresponsive, laying on his bedroom's floor in a puddle of his own throw up.

At least, that was the sight Chan had when he entered the room.

"Who's calling you?" Jisung asked, annoyed by the vibration of Changbin's phone on his bed.

"Oh, let me see" Changbin said, escaping from Jisung's cuddles to take his phone, he frowned as he saw that Chan was calling him.

Jisung looked over him, and frowned when he saw all color's from his face disappear.

"What?!" Changbin almost yelled, hand tightening on his phone out of pure shock.

"What's up...?" Jisung asked softly, sitting up as he could sense something was wrong.

"Where ?!" Changbin still talked to the phone

And Jisung was getting more stressed.

"Fuck..." Changbin said, eyes filling with unshed tears "Okay, I'll go drive the boys here" He added

He let his phone fall to the bed, at he wiped his eyes shakingly, taking a deep breath to try to not lose composure.

He turned to Jisung, who looked at him with frightened eyes.

How could he say it without breaking him more ?

"You're coming with me" Changbin stated, grabbing Jisung by the wirst and standing up.

"Where are we going?" Jisung asked, following a stressed and rushed Changbin blindly.

He had noticed his horrified state, and he started having a few ideas of why.

"Picking up Seungmin, Felix and Jeongin" Changbin explained, and that brought more confusion to Jisung.

What about Minho?

"Why ?" He asked, voice unsure. 

"We need to have a talk" Changbin continued, trying to beat around the bush.

Out of impulse, Jisung completely froze. He tore his arm out of Changbin's grasp, and waited for the other to turn to him.

Jisung frowned, and his lip trembled.

"Changbin please can you explain what is happening?" He pleaded, voice already wavering

"I- ... It's ..." Changbin stuttered, not finding the right words.

"Minho ?" Jisung asked, and noticed Changbin's suddenly afraid eyes. He widened his eyes, sighing loudly  "Don't tell me he..."

"He overdosed"

Jisung felt like collapsing.