Chapter 23

It has been a whole month. Minho had been sober for a month.

And as amazing it sounds, his body only went even more limp.

His dealer's number deleted, he had absolutely no way to have more of the substance, which only dreaded him more.

What was harder were the nights.

Terror nights was something he had experienced in the past, but never to that extent.

Weaning took a toll on his body, and it destroyed him completely.

Jisung was sleeping soundly, until he received a call that woke him up.

Annoyed by the calling sound and still dazy from the sleep, he picked up his phone and frowned as he saw the user.

"Seungmin? Is there something wrong?" He asked as he picked up the call, voice still very much raspy.

"Um... Yes... I don't know how to explain" He said, and Jisung could hear some sounds in the backgrounds.

"Is that Minho beside you ?" He asked, recognizing his voice. It seemed wavering, and hurting.

"Yeah... Look, his terror nights have been worsening and he started waking up in the nights in total despair, crying and throwing up" Seungmin explained, voice apparently shaken up.

"Shit..." Jisung cursed 

"I woke up because of his cries... But ... Um..." He hesitated

"You can say it, it's okay" Jisung reassured, curious about the reason behind the call

"He's asking for you. I don't know if he's fully conscious of this or not, but he had been calling your name for an hour now, and I just can't put him to sleep otherwise" He explained.

Jisung's heart hurt at that.

"Do you need me to come there?" Jisung offered, not even hesitating.

"Please" Seungmin pleaded

"I'll order a uber right now" Jisung said, throwing his covers away as he stood up abruptly.

When he arrived in Minho's room, Jisung gasped upon the sight.

Seungmin was sitting on Minho's bed, holding a bowl close to Minho's as the latter was crying, his body trembling with a layer of sweat as he tried to cope with the harsh vomiting throughout his body.

He kept in the feeling of crying at his despaired state, and he approached him. He sat beside Seungmin, hand slowly caressing Minho's knee as he tried to soothe his panicked demeanor.

"I'll go wash up the bowl, I'll bring it back in a second" Seungmin said, and Jisung only smiled back at him, nodding.

Jisung climbed up the bed, full body on the bed as he sat, back resting on the headset. His hands hesitantly grabbed a towel, softly bringing it to Minho's face to wipe the sweat off.

"Damn, you're burning, my poor Min" Jisung sweetly said, and he watched how Minho's face contorted in pain, but his head slowly lowered to Jisung's shoulder.

For some time, he stayed there, hand softly caressing his hair as he hummed a melody, watching how Minho's body started going from incredibly tensed, to a relaxed form as minutes passed.

Seungmin came back in the room, slightly surprised from the sudden change.

"You have a power on him" He muttered, smiling at the soft sight.

He put the bowl beside his bed and sat beside Minho. He caressed his arm soothingly.

"Minho ? Do you feel nauseous?" He asked

Minho shook his head as a no, head nuzzling more to Jisung's shoulder, face still frowned.

"How are you now?" He asked tentatively

"Jisung..." He muttered, voice weak as his arm softly wrapped around Jisung's figure.

Jisung's heart both cracked and got warmer at the statement.

"Go to sleep, Seungminnie, I'll take care of him" Jisung said

"Are you sure ?" 

"Yes, don't worry" He smiled to him "I'll sleep on the couch as soon as this big boy gets to dreamland" He chuckled to himself.

Minho whined when his head trembled from Jisung's chuckle, so the latter passed his hand through his hair, muttering an apology.

"Thanks, Ji" Seungmin said, standing up "You're so soft hearted" He praised as he left the room.

Jisung sighed as the latter quit the room.

Slowly, he grabbed Minho's shoulders and pushed him to lay on the bed, making sure his head stayed right and didn't trigger him more.

"It hurts" Minho whined, voice breaking.

"I know, love, I know" Jisung said softly, hand caressing his cheek "It's okay" He reassured, pulling the covers over his figure.

"It's hot" Minho complained with the covers.

"I know, but you'll get sick otherwise" He insisted "Your shirt is soaked, should we change you ?" He asked calmly.

Minho shrugged, eyes still pressed close.

So Jisung stood up, ready to grab a shirt, but got holden back by Minho's hand, which held his wrist tightly, eyes widened in fear when Jisung tried to leave.

"Don 't..." He desperately pleaded

"I'll be back in 5 seconds, you can count, love" Jisung firmly said, smiling sweetly at him.

Minho agreed and let him go, counting to 5 while Jisung rushed to grab a shirt.

He helped him wear the now dry shirt, while Minho muttered a few complaints.

"It was 6 seconds" He mumbled

Jisung chuckled at that.

"Sorry" He responded softly, pushing Minho back in his bed.

For the next 30 minutes, Minho cuddled into Jisung's side, body still slightly trembling while Jisung caressed his hair, humming a few songs he knew Minho loved.

As soon as the trembling stopped, and he heart the little soft snores coming out of the boy, he smiled to himself.

He delicately pecked his forehead, before slowly and cautiously climb down the bed.

He made sure the other was sleeping soundly, before leaving the room with a sad smile on his lips.

When Minho woke up, he felt his body lighter.

He had a full night of sleep, and he felt refreshed from sleeping so well.

He looked around him, watching how everything looked messy. He had a bowl beside his bed, and he recalled throwing up a few times the night before.

As he pressed his eyes close to remember what had happened, he could only recall the sweet voice of a certain someone, caressing his hair and trying his hardest to lull him to sleep.

He chuckled to himself, thinking his mind was really creative.

"What an amazing dream" He muttered to himself.