Chapter 35

Jisung glared at Minho, arms crossed.

"Oh, Hannie, fuck" Minho said as he walked to Jisung, opening his arms to hug the latter.

He wanted nothing more than to finally let his guard down and have a sweet moment with him, he needed that more than anything else at the moment.

But Jisung put a hand on his chest, pushing him.

"It's night, already" Jisung stated, stern and seemingly mad.

And Minho now understood that Jisung was really annoyed.

"You left me all alone, I was waiting for you and you didn't even answer" He said, frowning more

"I know... I'm sorry, some shit happened and-" Minho tried to explain

"Is that your way of making me forgive you?" Jisung asked impatiently

"No ! Of course not" Minho responded, slightly hurt.

"So the second we can finally warm up you fucking ditch me ?" Jisung continued

"Ji, listen-"

"I thought. I had more than time to think, and now I'm can't be sure"

"What are you even saying, Jisung it's not that bad, I-"

"Not that bad ?!"

"Jisung, listen to me god dam-"

"I don't think I deserve this. I don't think I deserve to torture myself more because of you. I think I should take fucking care of myself for now on" Jisung bursted, eyes filling with unshed tears from exhaustion of his spiraling thoughts.

"Not everything is about you, damn!" Minho yelled back, also a bit too frustrated of the one sided conversation

"Are you being for real?" Jisung asked, eyes flashing with hurt.

"I wish it was, unfortunately I have some shit going on" He sighed loudly, lowering his tone "Shut down your processing mind for a minute and listen to me, for fuck's sake"

"I-"

"Oh my god Minho, Eunwoo called me" Chan bolted in the living room, running to Minho and jumping on him to hug him tightly.

Jisung stared confusedly, he watched how Chan embraced Minho, while the latter was staring right back at Jisung with a pained expression.

"I can't believe it's over, I feel so fucking happy now" Chan continued, and Jisung got more confused.

"What ? What is over ?" Jisung asked

Minho thought of a sentence ' Oh, now you want to know '

But he didn't say it. He needed to glue the pieces back together and being hostile wasn't the solution.

"Um... Am I interrupting something ?" Chan asked, unlatching his grip on Minho as he gazed at the two.

"Channie, care to explain to Hannie what happened ?" Minho asked softly, eyes never leaving Jisung.

He looked in between the two, sensing something was wrong. So he went to Jisung, and pulled him to sit on the couch.

"Eunwoo told me about a time Junseo kind of threaten to harm stray kids with Minho's situation, right?" Chan asked

"Oh, yes... I got mad at him that time" Jisung said as he reminisced. 

"Minho" Chan called, tapping the couch and forcing him to come sit beside them "Junseo threatened Minho"

"He did what ?" Jisung asked breathlessly

"Minho ?" Chan called

"He stole my medical report from somewhere and threatened me with that" He said with a sigh, and Jisung gasped loudly " He held it against me. I had two choices, resign, or he'll publish it"

"The medical records ?!" Jisung asked with widened eyes "But- He can't !"

"Yeah... But I was slightly taken aback... So I went away to write a resignation letter" Minho admitted

"No, you didn't" Jisung slapped a hand on his mouth

"That's when Chan came to me and kind of forced me to open up about the situation... He called Eunwoo and all..."

"What happened ?!"

"They spent a big part of the night talking about it with the head of the company, and Eunwoo asked me to stay in Chan's room. After crying endlessly I just... fell asleep"

Jisung felt guilty now. He tentatively brought a hand to Minho's finger, fiddling anxiously.

Noticing their sudden closeness, discreetly, Chan left the room.

"When I woke up... They call me for a lonnng talk... We had to debrief the entire situation and... They fired him"

"Oh my god, yes!" Jisung exclaimed happily

"Yeah... That bitch is out of our sight... Finally" He chuckled "They also menaced his a lot, so... yeah... we're safe" He said with a soft smile

He stared at the boy, as Jisung suddenly pouted, letting his head fall on Minho's shoulder

"How could you even think of resigning ?!" He asked, somehow offended by the choice.

Minho chuckled at the cuteness

"I was damned either way. I could at least save my members from my problems and mistakes" He admitted

Jisung felt more guilty now. The latter was struggling, hurting, only to protect them, and Jisung was mad selfishly.

"You're a good person, Min" Jisung whispered, biting his lip in shame.

"I hope I can be better" He responded 

"Your mistakes don't define you" Jisung continued, and he felt Minho's hand softly caressing his hair.

"Can I hug you ?" Minho asked soundlessly, scared of being rejected

"Yeah" Jisung responded.

Just like that, Minho wrapped his hands around Jisung waist, and pulled him closer as he laid down on the couch, while Jisung giggled cutely.

He nuzzled his head on Minho's chest, while closing his eyes and appreciating the sudden comfort washing over his body.

"I'm sorry for lashing out" Jisung muttered.

"I'm sorry for not answering" Minho muttered back.

"Stay for the night" Jisung offered, tightening his grip on the boy.

"I'll stay for as long as you want" Minho reassured.

And soon, they drifted off to sleep.