Chapter 25

As soon as they got back, they got shocked from the news.

Minho had gotten into his first therapy session while they were away, and nothing made them more glad then this.

To celebrate, they decided to eat a feast at home, and order nice food from outside.

"How was it, Min?" Chan asked

"Mmh, annoying" He shrugged

"Tell us" Hyunjin insisted, nudging him.

"Do that once again" He provoked, and watched how Hyunjin bowed in apology "It was a bit strange opening about it to a stranger... I talked about how I started and why, and also the kind of ... shitty stuff it brought to me" He said, clearing his throat awkwardly.

"What kind?" Seungmin asked curiously

Minho glanced quickly at Jisung and lowered his head

"Um... Like how shitty we act under the influence... and yeah" He said, vaguely

"Like anger issues ?" Changbin asked, and saw how Jisung tensed at that.

"Yeah..."

"What about it ?" Jeongin asked

"Being under addiction and the substance just makes you ... Someone else. You feel really powerful, even better than others. Like with super powers or something like that. And with that feeling, you kind of lose connection with reality. Emotions, feelings, relations, it becomes a foreign prism you've lost grasp with. So naturally, anger issues comes along with it." He sighed in shame "When someone puts itself between you and your addiction, it becomes a danger. So the first logical reaction is to get mad and ... basically fuck things up" 

Jisung looked at him with expectant eyes, completely baffled by the explanation.

He was basically saying he didn't mean anything he said, right ?

"And what did the therapist said about it? To help you in this shit?" Chan asked tentatively

"That I have to first make connection with reality" He explained, still confused about it "To remember who I am, what I should do, and how I should react to things, basically"

"And how do you feel at this point?" Changbin asked

"That I lost who I am and I don't know if I'll be able to find it anytime" He explained, voice slightly breaking at the end of the sentence. He suddenly stood up, not much hungry "I need a nap... So, yeah... I'll go" He said, before leaving the room.

Chan looked at him go with saddened eyes.

"You shouldn't force him to open up about this..." Jisung muttered

"Nah, I think it's helping" Changbin insisted

"I agree, it hurts, for everyone, but it helps. It help us understanding, it helps him explaining and clarifying things, and it helps you, Ji" Chan continued, smiling softly at him.

And this sentence resonated in Jisung's mind for the entire night.

Since that discussion, it somehow made him felt a bit better about Minho's situation.

He knew it, but now it just confirmed things.

Minho wasn't suddenly mean and horrible, most of the things he said and did was because of his addiction, and the Minho he knew and love was still there, somewhere, under the hard and broken shell of his.

He still didn't know if he should wait for him, or not, but he strangely wanted to.

Also, he felt proud of how the managing team had organized his whole hiatus, while keeping it secret.

He had been spending some time on his laptop in a practice room along with Eunwoo, but his mind couldn't seem to not direct to Minho.

But as soon as the manager he hated entered the room, Jisung could feel something strange was about to happen.

"Tell me Eunwoo" He said, looking condescending "About Minho's situation"

"Yeah?"

"For some reasons, I'm not authorized to access his medical situation, and I have no idea why the boy is in hiatus. But I'm his manager, just like you. Care to explain?"

"Minho is the one to decided if people can have access on his medical situation or not, that's called the medical secret, that's his right" Eunwoo shrugged.

"And why do YOU know ?" He asked, crossing his arms

"Because for some reasons he trusts me" Eunwoo responded, knowing too well the man wanted to know.

"Alright, shady" He muttered

Eunwoo only rolled his eyes, not wanting to fuel more his questions. On the other side, Jisung was observing the discussion with a anxious feeling.

"So why is Minho in hiatus, then ?" He asked

"His health had degraded so he's taking care of himself" Eunwoo responded, vaguely "Thought you knew".

"All of a sudden ? He seemed well to me" He nagged

"I guess he was faking it" Eunwoo shrugged again.

He huffed loudly, before approaching Eunwoo menacingly.

"I'm telling you, boy. If Minho has done something shady, I'm not going to act mute like you are" He threatened, and Eunwoo tried his hardest to not let him see how anxious it actually made him.

"What is that supposed to mean ?" Jisung interrupted, not liking the comment

"What do you want, Jisung ?" He huffed

"What does that mean, 'act mute' ?" Jisung repeated

"It means I'm not doing the blind eye like Eunwoo and all of you are doing" He rolled his eyes

"None of us are doing the blind eye. Nor we are mute. We are communicating well about it, in between us, and it's all that matters" Jisung defended, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Yeah, right" He rolled his eyes again

"What, you don't agree ?" Jisung asked, crossing his arms in annoyment

"No" He huffed "If he has done something bad, the public needs to know"

"Why would they ?" Jisung asked, annoyed.

"Jisung, we all know you don't own yourselves. The company and the fans own you, they deserve the truth" He said, now completely arrogant.

"I'm not on a dating ban anymore, I have most of my rights, maybe not regarding physical and body image, but the rest of my integrity is mine, and no one else. You're absolutely in the wrong here" Jisung said, tone stern.

"Jisung is right, they don't owe anything to anyone, actually" Eunwoo defended

"I still think we need to make sure the idols we're managing are 'correct', if we have a scandal, than our own jobs are jeopardize" He insisted, frowning.

"So you'd prefer illegally breaking medical secret and risking messing with Minho's health condition only to protect your job? Are you sure you want to be a manager ?" Jisung asked, angry from his statement

"Tsk, I'm losing my time here" He annoyingly said, leaving the room right away.

"I fucking hate him" Jisung huffed, now full on angry

"I know, Ji. But it's okay, I'm taking care of it" He smiled at him "Only the members, the head of the company and I know, and we took care of keeping it perfectly private, we paid for it as well" He reassured

"Are you sure ?" Jisung asked, wary.

"I promise. No one could have access to that legally, and would have a hard time illegally. And even if he knows because he heard some kind of conversation, he wouldn't be able to prove it, nor the company would side with him as they want to keep the company's image perfect. No worries. As long as Minho gets better, no one would know" He reassured.

"Thanks, Eunwoo" He smiled at him, his mind always deeply directed to Minho.