Chapter 28

More time passed, and Minho hadn't been touching any substance in  a long time already.

His road to an healthy mind and body had been effective overall, but something had been hard.

When chilling with his members, he noticed how most of them were wary of drinking alcohol right in front of him, and he thanked them for that. But eventually, he told them they didn't need to be so cautious, and here he was, sitting on a couch while most of his members were tipsy, and now he was craving a beer.

There was two contradicting signals. First, he wanted to be tipsy as well. He missed the feeling, and kind of felt left aside being the only one sober. Second, he was scared of what kind of effects to his weaning it would have. Would he even support it ? Would he be fucked up after one beer?

"Guys" He called, out of nowhere, as most of his members stopped talking and listened to him.

"Yeah?" 

"Would it be okay if I drink a beer ?" He asked curiously.

All of his members looked between each others, not really knowing what to answer.

"I don't thi-" Jisung started, but got cut off by a overexcited Changbin

"Try it! If you want it, but just one ! We're here to make sure you're okay anyway!" He encouraged, and most of them nodded.

"Chan?" Minho asked

"Yeah... I think it's better if you don't supress every of your cravings .." He wondered, but still agreed.

"Okay"

Just like that, he went to take a beer, and got happier knowing he was somehow back to normal.

But he wasn't.

Because of everything hit his body had take, and then the sudden abstinence, his body reacted weirdly.

After half of his beer, he felt like he had drank 2 entire bottles of Vodka, and felt more than tipsy. At the end of his beer, he was full on drunk, words incoherently leaving his mouth, and everything became blurry every time he stood up.

Nonetheless, he had a good time. He laughed for every nonesense, had fun when he couldn't walk correctly and felt finally like a normal boy his age, who hadn't just lived the worst 5 months of his life.

The problem here, was Jisung.

Somehow, his brain didn't connect correctly with his mouth.

All those filters and blocks from his traumatic experience had seemingly washed off with the alcohol.

Maybe too much.

So here he was, inside of Jisung's room, crouched down to bow on the floor, as he cried loudly, muffled apologies escaping his mouth.

Jisung stared at him in shock from the scene, not knowing how to react, not knowing what to say.

And Minho started talking continuously.

"I- I don't even know where to start, I don't even know what switched in my brain for me to do all the things I did... Th-There's no time in this world I don't think about how I hate myself for this... I swear Jisung please I- I-"

"I regret... so much everything. I regret lying to you concerning the coke... I don't even know why I didn't open up to you in the first place... It would have helped me so much..."