Chapter 46: Nemeton

[NEMETON]"if you thought i'd leave then you were wrongcause i won't stop holding on"

[NEMETON]
"if you thought i'd leave
then you were wrong
cause i won't stop holding on"

Song: emergency - paramore

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

     Aaliyah drove Allison home and then brought herself home to change. She headed to the school to tell Stiles and Lydia about Chris in person. She spent the entire drive there trying to figure out any reason Allison would be drowning, and wouldn't even be struggling to stop. But she couldn't come up with any reason. It was all too surreal. She wondered if it was the lack of sleep catching up to her.

She got to the school and walked through the hallways. They must be in between classes seeing as the halls were full of students. Aaliyah looked around for her friends. She couldn't help but notice how everyone was moving from class to class like it was any other day. All of these kids were walking around the halls worrying about a math test, talking to their best friend, waiting to go home. They all had such normal lives with no knowledge of what was going on in their own back yard. Lucky them, Aaliyah thought. "Stiles! Lydia!" She called upon seeing her friends jogging up to them.

"I thought you were with the Argents." Stiles addressed.

"She took him. Chris let Jennifer take him." Aaliyah informed them without hesitation. They had not time to wait.

"What do you mean 'let'?" Lydia furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's complicated and not important. All that matters is that.."

"She's got all three now." Stiles spoke his voice wavering with anxiety. Aaliyah could smell panic off of him. It smelt similar to burning tar. She looked down to his shaking hands and realized what was happening.

"Lydia, you should go find Aiden."

"You're sure?" Lydia was worried about leaving her friends.