Twenty-Three

As the guests began taking their seats in the garden pavilion, Bill found Krist eager to talk to him.

"I just want to say how proud I am of you, Krist," Bill told him, giving him a pat on the shoulder, "You've come a long way. I know I've said it already, but you really have matured into a good man."

Krist smiled and gave him a nod, "I appreciate that, Bill. I appreciate everything you and my mom have done for Rocco and I." Awkwardly, Krist leaned over and hugged his stepfather.

Cami entered the room, dressed in a lavender chiffon maxi dress with a plunging neckline and a slit up the leg. Her auburn hair was in loose beach waves, adorned with tiny silver and lilac decorative flowers. She, of all people, was the wedding officiant. "You ready?"

Krist nodded and followed her to the altar. Linda had hung lavender and silver chiffon drapes along the archway, adding flowers and fairy lights, giving it a nice, ethereal vibe.

"I hate chiffon so fucking much," Cami whispered in Krist's ear as they took their places on the pavilion.

Krist scanned the guests. He'd been under the assumption it was a small ceremony, but goddamn, there were a ton of people. Aside from immediate family, he saw Bryana, Erika, and Zoey. Marisol, Chris, and Lisette. Fernando and Angelina with their kids. Brooke and Brad. Dominik, Latrell, and Shar. Atira's aunt Caroline. Several people he didn't know whom he assumed were Atira's friends.

Fuck he was nervous.

"Don't pass out on us," Cami told him with a laugh.

Krist straightened his jacket, "Shut the fuck up," he whispered with a smart-ass grin.

The Wedding March began to play. Jeordie escorted Jillian down the aisle. Krist smirked to himself, seeing good ol' redhead, British-toothed Jeordie in his formal suit.

"Fuck you," Jeordie mouthed to Krist as he took his place beside him.

Rocco came next, dressed in a gray suit with a lavender bow tie and matching vest beneath his jacket. He beamed with pride as he walked down the aisle, taking joy in the multiple "awws" that came from the guests. He took his place in front of Krist, giving the crowd one mischievous Rocco smile that showed all his teeth.

The guests rose to their feet as Atira stepped into the aisle. She looked hella beautiful in her wedding dress. Krist hadn't seen her in her wedding dress until then, and she took his breath away.

Atira's blond hair was in a loose updo, with soft beach waves spilling over her shoulders and down her back. Jillian had done Atira's makeup, applying a light dusting of purple eyeshadow in a neat cut crease with thin winged eyeliner. A soft bronzer applied to her cheeks with a fine coating of pink gloss to her pouty lips.

Her eyes met Krist's, and both couldn't stop smiling. She took her place opposite of Krist, "You look beautiful," Krist whispered to her. Tears had already formed in her eyes, "Baby, don't cry," he told her as Cami handed Atira a Kleenax.

Cami turned to the guests. Krist and Atira stood facing one another, holding hands.

"Good afternoon. I am honored to thank you all for coming to celebrate one of the most special days in Krist and Atira's lives! It is a day full of the start of a new chapter in Krist and Atira's love story. From the moment they met, they have known that they were meant to be together. Despite being apart for a decade, they were lucky enough to reconnect and continue their journey as man and wife," Cami smiled, tears welling in her eyes.

As the ceremony progressed, Krist and Atira shared their individually written vows, followed by them being pronounced husband and wife.

"You may now kiss your bride," Cami announced, smiling from ear to ear.