Seventy-Six

Shit had gone completely and utterly downhill between Krist and Atira. If you asked her, she would tell you it was one hundred percent Krist's fault between his passive aggressiveness about the lack of sex to his constant groping, she was on her last thread.

Atira loved Krist with all of her heart but she felt like their marriage was a sinking ship that she should jump from before it got worse.

All of the mom blogs she read stressed not to split up during the first year because the transition after having a new baby adds stress to relationships. She hoped things would get better and wasn't ready to call things quits with him, even if he was on her final nerve.

She woke up with Gabriel at three in the morning, noting the bed she shared with Krist was empty. Again. A pit of emptiness filled her belly, even though things were rough she hated sleeping separate from him. No, she didn't want to be held but feeling the warmth of his body beside hers offered comfort.

Atira could hear the shower running as she nursed the baby back to sleep. Krist was probably in there jacking off fervently like he'd been doing regularly. To be honest, it kind of disgusted her but whatever, it was natural.

Once Gabriel had been changed, swaddled, and placed back in his Snoo, she crept into the bathroom where Krist was apparently just sitting in the hot shower.

"What's up?" He asked her flatly, staring straight ahead sullenly.

"Mind if I join you? I just got Gabe back to sleep," Atira told him.

"No, I don't mind."

Atira slipped out of her oversized Walmart nightgown and let her panties drop to the floor before stepping into the shower with him.

"Krist, I'm sorry if you have been feeling as if I am not attracted to you or that I have lost interest, I just want you to know that I still think you're super, incredibly," she slipped her arms around his waist, letting her bare body press up against his, "sexy and I love you more than anything."

His hands ran up her bare back, "I love you, Atira. I've been kind of an insensitive dick lately."

Atira laughed, "Kind of?" She teased.

"No kind of about it, I've been hella shitty," he agreed, kissing the inside of her neck, "Bro, I can't believe you offered to get me a pocket pussy though."

Her cheeks flushed, "I mean..."

He laughed, "It's all good, baby."

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, kissing him deeply, his hands exploring her body, "Goddamn, I missed all this," he murmured, kissing down her stomach.

Atira closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation of his tongue as he tasted her, quickly bringing her to climax.

"Fuck...you taste so good." He told her, rising back to his feet and slipping his tongue into her mouth while she worked his hard cock with her hand.

"I want you in me," she whispered, turning to face the wall, one leg up on the edge of the tub, her ass out towards him.

He guided himself into her wet slit, his eyes half closed, "I ain't even gonna lie, I'm gonna bust in like five pumps. Fuuuuuuck," he groaned, keeping his thrust slow.

Atira used the ledge of the tub as leverage to rock her body back and forth, her ass meeting his hips with every pump. Krist had to grab her hips to keep her still, "I ain't tryna cum already," he laughed.

"It's alright, babe, we can do another round or two before the baby wakes up," she told him, looking over her shoulder.

"If that's the case..." he grinned, his pace quickening.

****

When they had finished with the extended shower, the two returned to their bedroom to cover a few more rounds, falling asleep in one another's arms.

Gabriel awoke at six, ready to nurse. Krist took care of the diapering, handing him to Atira in bed so she could breastfeed him.

"How did we make such a beautiful baby?" Atira asked, gazing lovingly at her son.

Krist kissed her shoulder, "Because you're his mom."

Once Gabriel had drunk his fill, Krist took him from Atira to let her have some uninterrupted sleep. She'd frozen breast milk so if he was hungry before she woke, Krist could handle the feeding.

He laid Gabe in his living room pack and play, waking Rocco for school.

"You want to take the bus or do you want a ride today?" Krist asked him, eager to get out of the house.

"Hmmm..." Rocco wondered aloud, slowly rolling out of his bed, "I want you to drive me."

"You got it, bro."

He handed Rocco a blue Nike Tracksuit with a plain white shirt for underneath before disappearing into his own closet to get dressed.

"I'm gonna take Rocco to school and stop at Walmart with Gabe, you need anything?" He asked Atira softly.

"I'm good, I love you," she murmured before falling back asleep.

After some fighting with Rocco to put his damn shoes on, Krist buckled Gabe into his car seat and loaded both kids up in his old beater of a BMW that Atira insisted they get rid of soon.

When Krist pulled into the parking lot of Headstart, he saw a face he hoped to never see again. His own father, it appeared his half-brother, Marcus Jr (Markie), was in Rocco's class.

"That's Markie, nobody likes him," Rocco whispered in a loud voice.

"Why not?" Krist asked, removing Gabriel's car seat from the back seat.

"He hits people and spits."

"He spits on people?" Krist clarified.

Rocco nodded, his face scrunched up into the same sneer Krist had.

"Beat his ass at recess," Krist whispered with a smirk. When Rocco's eyes lit up, Krist had to stress, "I'm kidding, bro, don't do that."

Krist walked Rocco up to the building, following Rocco into his classroom and signing him in. Marcus was helping Markie put his things in his cubby, oblivious to the fact his adult son was right behind me.

Marcus had aged poorly, the drugs, drinking, and long hours working at the chicken processing plant had caught up with him. His black hair was salt and pepper, greasy, and pulled into a low ponytail. His skin was oily, he was still slim but had a paunch for a belly. Krist could smell the Old Spice and cigarettes several feet away.

His baby brother, Markie, looked a lot like Krist had as a child, just not as neat in appearance, nor did he have the blue eyes that the older Samson siblings had as they'd come from Linda.

Markie was dressed in the finest of soiled Walmart clothes, with stains on his Garanimals t-shirt, and holes in his knees. Krist felt a little guilty judging him, it wasn't his fault he had the same shit father Krist did.

Krist directed Rocco to the hand-washing sink, hugging him and telling him to act right before leaving.

As he was returning to his car, his father called out, "Hey, when the hell you move out this way?"

He didn't want to talk to Marcus but felt like he didn't have a choice.

"Beginning of summer," Krist told him.

"I didn't know you had another kid," Marcus remarked, nodding to Gabriel who was asleep in his car seat.

"Yup, he's fresh out of the womb. Brad just had his first kid in August and another one due any day now," he informed him with a smug grin.

Marcus, apparently not catching that his eldest son would be having a second child only two months after the first nodded, "Well good for him. You should bring that boy of yours over one of these days to ride dirt bikes. I got a place off Pacific now, right down the street from here."

"Nice," Krist mumbled, "Well, good seeing you, I'd better get this guy home."