Fifty

People always say that one never gets over their first love, a statement Nina agreed with. Krist had not been her first boyfriend, but her third actually.

She never forgot the day they'd met. She was working the front counter at her parents' restaurant with her friend Carolina who'd just made a joke that she might need to start dating white boys because she heard they don't cheat (complete horse shit obviously).

Krist had walked in with his creepy friend, Michael. Nina recalled Krist wearing a big white shirt with gray dickies and white sneakers. He had a gold chain and diamond studs in his ears. Looked like a typical fuck boy but oh my gosh he was cute and had the prettiest eyes she had ever seen.

Nina was so nervous that she had wanted Carolina to take his order but when someone came in over the drive-thru headset, Nina was left to fend for herself.

She fumbled over herself as she helped him and Michael. Krist was damn near eye fucking her the entire time.

After he'd gotten his food, Nina ran over to Carolina, "Oh my god, he is so fine," she gushed.

Carolina had looked over her shoulder, "I know you don't mean that crackhead with the bald head and tattoos," she teased.

"Shut up! No the other one," Nina grinned.

"He is cute," Carolina agreed, "I take back what I said about white boys not cheating, by the way, because I guarantee that one would cheat."

Nina put her hand on her hip, "Don't judge a book by its cover, he could be sweet."

Carolina rolled her green eyes, "Really? That's a fuck boy if I ever seen one."

As if he knew he was being talked about, Krist glanced up from his food, making eye contact with Nina. Her knees went weak.

"Girl," Carolina swatted at her playfully.

Nina was wiping down the counters when he walked up to her, slipping her a piece of paper. "Hit me up sometime," he told her, head tilted slightly, licking his lips.

"Ok," Nina smiled up at him dreamily.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Nina."

"I'm Krist, hit my line when you're off," he flashed her a flawless smile before heading out.

Nina hurried over to Carolina, holding the scrap of paper triumphantly, "He gave me his number!" she gushed, hands shaking.

"Girl, no, just no. Throw that shit away, I have a bad feeling about him."

Boy was Carolina right, she should have tossed that phone number in the trash. Nope, her stupid young self couldn't wait to text this fuck boy as soon as she clocked off.

He invited her to come over the following afternoon as she was off, asking what she liked to drink. She told him "IDK, Corona or something" because she wasn't much of a drinker but didn't want to come off lame.

Krist lived with his father in an old single-wide down on one of the trailer parks in town. He apologized for "the shit hole" and took her back to his small bedroom. He kept his things meticulously clean and organized which was a stark contrast to the rest of the trailer.

"It's gross as fuck in here but my dad aint gonna be home," he told her with another one of his perfect smiles.

"Have you always lived here? I've never seen you around," Nina asked him, taking a seat on his neatly made bed.

He twisted the top off a forty of 2-11, taking a long swallow, "Naw, I lived with my mom up until a couple months ago, in Vancouver," Krist replied, taking another drink. "Ah fuck, I'm hella rude, I got you something. I'll be right back."