Thirty-Eight

Gossip traveled fast, within a few hours of Madison publically changing her relationship status from "Single" to "In A Relationship with Brad Samson."

"Daaaawg, guess who Madison is seeing?" Jeordie cackled over Facetime.

"Madison?" Krist asked, "As in Lainey's homegirl?"

"Yes," Jeordie was grinning, crooked ass teeth, throwing up gang signs on the phone screen.

Madison. That was someone Krist hadn't thought of in a grip, not that he wanted to. She was just another tweaker bitch who slang pussy  in Portland.

"Who?" Krist asked, assuming it had to be someone they knew because why else would anyone bring up that dusty broad?

"Your fuckin' brother," Jeordie and Cami howled with laughter.

Krist's jaw dropped, "No fuckin' way."

"Bro, go look up her Facebook."

"What's her last name?" Atira asked, creeping over to Krist, phone in hand.

"Henries!" Cami yelled.

Atira pulled up Madison on Facebook, wrinkling her nose, "Gross. She does OnlyFans?"

She showed Krist her phone, confirming what Jeordie had told them. Madison had made a gushy post about how, barely a week ago, her world was turned upside down when she met the most amazing man ever, Brad Samson.

"Well, I'm assuming Brad ain't clean, or at least ain't gonna be clean for long," Krist muttered, "What a fucking lame."

"How does Brad even know her?" Jeordie asked.

"Bro, you know all these fuckin' fiends run in a circle."

"That's true," Jeordie nodded.

****

Although Krist had told her that his relationship with Lainey was a living hell and he was glad to be out of it, Atira couldn't help but worry about Brad seeing her friend and that Krist could wind up rekindling his old feelings for her and leaving.

It didn't help that Lainey had still seemed semi-determined to contact him randomly, despite being blocked on multiple platforms. After all, she had created a whole profile just to message him on Facebook when he'd gotten stabbed.

Krist was stretched out in bed, arms behind his head, wearing only a pair of oversized basketball shorts. Atira climbed into bed, gazing at him lovingly. She would be absolutely crushed if he realized he was still in love with Lainey and left her. Pregnancy hormones were really getting the best of her.

"So Brad is with Lainey's friend?" Atira asked, trying to mask the insecurity that had taken a hold of her.

Krist sat up in bed, wrapping his arms around her as though he was picking up on her uncertainty, "I guess so," he shook his head, "He's asking for trouble with those broads."

"What do you mean?" She wanted to know.

"They're just drama, her and Lainey both. Always have been," Krist told her.

"How so?"

Krist groaned, "I don't even want to get into it, just dumb tweaker shit. Stupid shit."

Atira studied his face, "Do you still have any feelings for her?" She blurted out.

Krist looked at her as though she'd suggested he chop his hand off, "Hell no. I mean, I would care if something bad happened to her, but beyond that, no. That chick...no, just way too much fucking crap with that girl."