14. Remember?

Y/n / Shadow POV

   My head throbs, not in just a normal headache way, it feels like tiny men with hammers in my head are hitting my skull over and over again sending waves of pain through my body.

   I sit up with white light blinding my sensitive eyes and I can see I'm in a hospital, I start to panic. what happened? how long have I been asleep? Fucking hell, everywhere on my body hurts. I try to remember something... but what is there to remember? I can't think of anything. I don't know where I am, who I am, or what happened to me.

  I hear the creaking of a door and a nurse walks in.

  "Oh my god! everyone, she's awake!"

   a few more doctors and nurses come into the room wide-eyed like I returned from the dead.

   The nurse walks up to me, "do you know your name?" she asks. I'm about to retort because I obviously do, but then I think and realize, I don't remember it. what caused me to forget even my own name? I don't want to do some evaluation I just want answers right now. I look back at the nurse and shake my head.

   One of the doctors steps forward and inserts something into the IV drip that's attached to my hand and I feel my body instantly relax.

   "This may be startling, but you've been in a comatose state for almost 2 and a half months. memory loss is very common which is what your experiencing right now and it may stay, or it may fade in a day or 2. Seeing someone familiar may help trigger your memory, we can't really do anything ourselves, however. you may feel quite tired right now which is normal so I suggest getting some sleep and your team will be back tomorrow."

   I nod my head at the nurse taking in everything I was just told. it doesn't feel real. and what does she mean team? She was right though, Im tired as hell.

   I lay my head down on my soft pillow and pass out almost immediately. who knew sleeping for 2 and a half months could be so tiring?

Next day

   I sit up in bed still feeling disoriented and pretty tired. since I've been lying down for so long I have hardly any feeling in my legs and already know I'm gonna have to re-learn walking. the thought of any physical exercise makes me groan. I turn towards the wall and put my legs over the edge to try and regain some feeling in them when I hear the room doors burst open.

  Before I can turn around I feel a large hand on my shoulder. I turn around almost feeling scared and I think the look on my face is obvious. "y/n, I've missed you so much you don't even know. I never want to lose you ok?" the man says.

  He leans in putting his arms out like he's about to hug me and I stop him with my hand on his muscular arm before he does.

  "Who are you?"

  He steps back looking at me with shock and teary eyes. " it's me, Johnny. don't you remember?"

   I shake my head looking up at him. I don't know what to say. I feel like I recognize him, almost feels like deja vu, but I also can't place my finger on it. he's handsome though, sharp jawline and pretty blue eyes. I'm trying to rack my brain to remember but I can't which makes me feel bad. Maybe he's my boyfriend?

   "er, lass, can I please hug you?"

    I nod and he warmly wraps his arms around my small body and kisses my cheek tenderly making me blush. I don't know what I was to this man before whatever happened to me but I can tell we were close.

   Suddenly it hits me like a brick to the head, one word. I'm not sure what it is but I just say it because it feels right.

  "soap"

   he removes his arms from around me and smiles. 

   "your starting to remember y/n, that's good. soap is my code name."

    "y/n? Is that my name?"

   he nods, still smiling like a love-sick puppy. he's so cute. I scoot to the edge of my bed and wrap my arms around his waist pulling him to me. he puts his arms around me again and rests his chin on the top of my head while rubbing my back comfortingly. I lay back down on the hospital bed and scoot over so he can lie down next to me.

   I pat the open spot on the bed and he lays down putting an arm around me protectively and pulls me close causing me to wince for a moment from pain but it leaves just as quickly as it came.

  I hear the doors open again and 3 men walk in. One of them is wearing a baseball cap with the UK flag on it. ones wearing a fishing hat with a strange beard, and the last one is freakishly tall wearing a black hood over his face. he looks scary.

   "aye! You let ghost see you all up on y/n like that and your face will be black and blue!" the one in the baseball cap chuckles.

  I look at soap and his face is blushing. who the hell is ghost? If Soap isn't supposed to be cuddling with me like this then he's definitely not my boyfriend, is ghost?

  "Who is ghost? is he my boyfriend?" I ask.

   "I'm not sure actually, you guys definitely had something though, soap and ghost would bicker over you 24/7!" the man in the fishing hat chuckles.

 "oi! That wasn't necessary cap'n," Soap says throwing his hand up. 

     The man just winks at Soap with a shit-eating grin, making me giggle.

  I look over and see the mountain of a man leaning against the wall in the corner looking kind of anxious.

 "Are you okay Konig?" I ask.

   Everyone turns to look at me with smiles on their face.

  "What did you say?" the one in the baseball cap says.

 "Jesus gaz, your deaf. I was asking Konig if he was ok."

    They all look back and forth at each other and then back at me.

  "Someone starting to remember, eh?" says the guy in the fishing hat.

   I didn't even realize what I had just said, was that their names? 

  "that guy ghost, where is he? id like to re-meet him."

  "eh, ghost is kind of in a mood right now from the mission. I'm sure he will visit soon, alright lass?" soap says.

   I nod along.

   Gaz claps his hands together dramatically. 

   "I'm sure you need rest y/n, maybe more memories will come back after so we'll leave you alone now."

   I smile at them and wave them all goodbye as they walk out of the small room.

  Questions flood my mind, who was this ghost guy? I can't seem to remember him at all, not even familiarity. 

1185 Words