24. A night not to be forgotten

The car pulls up into a large lot covered with pebbles and other fancy cars. They really went all out. 

    Soap taps my shoulder and I turn to see the large mansion. my jaw drops in awe as I take in the size of the beautifully made building. I forget how living in a base seems to have ruined architecture for me sometimes.

   Soap holds his arm out and I take it, getting ready to walk inside with my earpiece. I would feel really paranoid if it weren't for ghost keeping a watch and having a sniper on hand. he never misses his shot.

    I take a deep breath in before me and soap turn on our earpieces. from here on out the team will be able to hear everything so we don't miss a single conversation.

   "ready, bonnie?"

    "ready as I'll ever be."

  Johnny pats my shoulder and we begin to make our way up the long steps into the giant mansion. when we got to the top were greeted by some man dressed head to toe in black with a mask on and a giant rifle in his hands.

    Luckily we made it in with no hassle as the forged invites seemed to work in our favour completely.

   As we walked through the giant doors were greeted by the smell of champagne and fortune. 

   Nearly a hundred guests line every inch of the main room all holding drinks with their masks on and laughing and speaking in foreign languages. it's going to be hard finding Yusuf.

    Our earpieces start to buzz with the concerned voice of price.

   "mission failure, intel wasn't good yet again and Yusuf isn't at the party. I do have one request though. find the house owner's office and search his computer for possible intel on the whereabouts of Hassan and Yusuf."

   The line goes silent and I nod at Soap to advance. we need a way to blend in though.

   Just as I'm trying to form a plan in my mind I'm swept onto the dance floor by some older man in his late 60s.

    "hello pretty lady, was hoping to find a dance partner this fine evening."

  The man says with a thick Russian accent. I internally gag.

    I switch my voice to a Russian accent too and begin to converse with the man while Soap looks around the area and makes his way to the bar.

    I hear crackling over my earpiece-

    "found an entrance to upstairs which I'm guessing is where the office is, break away."

soaps voice cuts out and I look back up at the man I've been dancing with.

    "This has been nice, but my husband awaits me," I say in a flirtatious tone and flick his tie.

    The man nods and kisses my hand before sending me off.

   Remind me to burn my hands off later.

    I make my way towards the bar and spot a handsome Johnny sipping on a scotch.

   "Really Johnny? drinking on the job?"

   "just blending in." he shrugs.

   I roll my eyes and hook my arm around his as he leads the way to the back staircase. nobody around and no cameras, good.

  We walked up the marbled red carpeted stairs until we were greeted with yet another massive room with tons of doors.

    We look through a couple of the doors finding useless unclean junk until I open one that happens to look like an office, with a computer on the desk.