Chapter 7: Evil Plan

The Night Pride and Lion Guard were talking the next morning about their patrols when Ullu came flying towards them.

Ullu: Hoohoo! Night Pride! Lion Guard! The predators are at the mountain pass and are attacking a tiger mom and her 3 cubs.

Rani: Thanks Ullu. Let's go Night Pride and Lion Guard.

Mountain Pass

Ginterbong: Now we've got you!

Ora: And your cubs!

???: Run to the Mountain pass, you'll be safe on the other side.

?: But what about you mom?

???: I'll be right behind you.  Ahhhh! The adult tiger mother shouts as she pounces and pins Makucha.

Ginterbong: Get those little tiger cubs before they reach the Tree of Life!

Chuluun: Yes Mama.

???: No!  The tiger mom runs after Chuluun but gets blocked by Ora.

Ora: Going somewhere?  Ora swings his tail and knocks the tiger against the mountain wall. She growls as she is surrounded by the predators.

The young tiger cubs were running towards the Tree of Life with Chuluun hot on their trail. However, she stopped once she saw no one other than the Night Pride and Lion Guard standing right above her.

Fuli: Leave those cubs alone Chuluun!

Chuluun is frightened and runs back to the mountain pass.

Rani: Night Pride, Lion Guard together!

Both groups run down the slope and toward the mountain pass, following the way Chuluun retreated.

Rani: Bunga and Beshte, give aid to the cubs!

Beshte: No Problem.

Bunga: Zuka Zama.

The Night Pride and Lion Guard arrived at the pass and attacked the villains and quickly defeated them.

After the villains retreated, the tiger and her cubs introduced themselves.

???: Thank you so much for saving me and my cubs. My name is Varya, and I lost my home due to a hyena attack that caused a huge inferno. I found out that the Tree of Life would be the perfect place to raise my cubs. If I am welcomed their of course.

Rani: Of course you are welcome, Varya. Let's go talk to the queen and we'll see which region of the territory you can stay.

Varya: Thank you so much!

Rani: It's my pleasure.

As the two guards were escorting Varya and her cubs into the Tree of Life, Anga spotted Granny Ginterbong spying from atop a nearby tree.

Anga: Everyone! I see Granny Ginterbong in that tree!

Rani: It's ok Anga, it's just her. She's not a villain.

However, when Bunga looked at her, his memories came back to him and he remembered who Granny Ginterbong really is.

Bunga: Wait Everyone! Her name's not Granny Ginterbong, it's Mama Binterong! She stole Makini's staff during our journey to the tree. She has to be a villain!

Fuli and the rest of the Lion Guard nodded their heads in agreement.

Rani: Very well, we need to expel her for the Tree of Life. Mama Binterong!

However, the villain was already gone and had already earned enough information about the Tree of Life to begin a massive assault.

The Night Pride and Lion Guard entered the Tree of Life alongside Varya and her 3 cubs.

Rani: Grandmother Janna?

Janna: Yes Rani.

Rani: This is Varya and her home was destroyed due to a hyena attack and she was wondering if she can stay here.

Varya looked at the queen and bowed reverently in front of her. However, her young cubs were questioning why she was bowing.

Feliks: Mom why are you bowing like that?

Varya: Children, we are in front of the queen, and you must bow to her.

Janna: It's ok Varya, no need for much esteem. They are very young and need education.

Varya: Ok your majesty.

Janna: And you and your cubs are all welcome here.

Varya: Thank you very much your majesty.

Janna: It is my pleasure Varya. Stay safe, and Rani.

Rani: Yes grandmother?

Janna: Please show Varya and her cubs to their new home.

Rani: Of course.

The Night Pride went off to rest, the Lion Guard went on their daily patrol, and Rani took Varya and her cubs to their new home.

Mountain Pass

The 3 villains were talking outside the pass when they were joined by Mama Binterong(MB).

MB: Everyone, I have great news. IT'S TIME FOR OUR ATTACK!

Makucha: Wait Mama, we don't have the slightest clue when to attack or where, and second we don't have the numbers required.

MB: Both problems are solved already. I discovered some news about the Tree of Life from spying on the Night Pride. So, the Night Pride only patrols during the night and the Lion Guard patrols the during day.

Chuluun: So there's no proper time to attack?

MB: Wrong! We attack between the shifts; when the first patrol is tired and the second one hasn't even started yet.

Makucha: But what about the numbers? They still outnumber us!

MB: Don't you worry, we've got reinforcements!

From the bushes emerge an army of porcupines, several of Makucha's leopards, and many of Ora's komodo dragons.

All villains let out an evil laugh.

MB: Soon you'll be dining on rare animals. I'll have my revenge, and the Tree of Life will be OURS!