Chapter 5. New man and Chaos

„...I haven't seen his smile that wide for a while." – He told her, while looking into her eyes keeping the serious face on.

„So the feeling is mutual then..." – The corners of her lips turned into a smile as she answered. His eyes wandered to her lips for a moment as he noticed a soft smile on her face and raised his eyes back to hers. This woman sitting in front of him was a complete mystery, yet he felt he wants to solve every single part of it. After a moment he turned his look away and stood up.

„So...I hope you like chicken steaks, cause I'm gonna make it for you with rice and vegetables as well." – He said and immediately walked to the kitchen without looking at her.

„Sounds delicious." – Lora smiled and stood up as well. He looked at her with a questioning look.

„What do you think you're doing?" – He stared at me.

„Amm....helping?" – I answered in a questioning voice.

„Which words of „I'll make it for you" were not clear?" – Hotch came closer.

„Okay....if you insist" – Lora said to him.

„I do..." – He answered

„Happy?" – She said with a little sarcastic voice

„I would be....if you wouldn't give that attitude to your boss, while he's making a dinner for you." – He answered calmly. Lora watched how he cooked...not what he cooked, but directly at him. As all of her attention was to a guy who made the food, she couldn't even tell what he was cooking at this point, but could give Hotch's perfect photo robot for police if needed. He lifted his eyes for a moment just to notice her looking at him.

„Is everything okay?" – He asked Lora with a serious voice and raised eyebrow. She realized that he noticed her staring and felt embarrassed.

„Yes, everything's okay" – She answered him with a little awkward smile. Hotch nodded and lowered his head to the plates to add food and a slight smile appeared on his face after a moment as he realized that Lora was checking him out. They walked to the dining table and he served everything. Gotta admit, that the smell was amazing. She cut a chicken steak in a half and took a bite. It was so perfectly cooked and juicy, that every single one of her taste buds danced in these shades of taste.

„I'm not working right now, cause I have a week off, it means, that I just spend my free time here...so...technically you're not my boss here." – She said remembering the conversation from before while eating and he looked at her seriously taking every word she said in, then smiled slightly and turned his gaze back to her.

„Don't pretend to be a smart ass Lora...it won't work on me..." – He said with a serious face, but his voice was calm, with a slight hint of playfulness. Lora looked at him and smiled slightly.

„I'm not playing...I'm just stating the facts" – She answered him. Hotch kept looking into her eyes for a while.

„Just stating the facts, huh?" – He repeated her words more in a joking way and nodded with the thought *alright then, lets play*. Hotch eyes turned back at her seriously.

„Okay...lets state those facts then...if I'm technically not your boss now it would mean, that you're in a house of a guy, you met four days ago and you have no knowledge of who he is or what his intentions are toward you...." – He said, did a pause and continued while Lora was listening attentively.

„.....You also finished the meal he made you as well" – Hotch talked seriously concentrated while watching at Lora.

„I could've put anything in that food and you were too oblivious to notice as you were staring only at me...." – He did a pause without taking his serious eyes of Lora.