Chapter 2. Case of explosion

,,I've got information that other murders with the same style happened in Nevada so pack your things and wheels up in thirty. I'll meet you all in there." - Hotch said to all of the team members.

Lora grabbed her go bag and went to the jet. She walked in and sat next to Emily. JJ was sitting in front of her. Reid, Morgan and Garcia were sitting in the middle of the jet chatting, but it was impossible to hear about what. Hotch and Rossi sat at the end of the plane, but their faces were seen clearly for Lora. 

She leaned her head to the seat back and after a few moments took the case from the bag and started reading it again...and again. The pilot said, that the fly will be around five hours. Because it's night now, everyone fell asleep. Lora was still reading the case. She brushed her fingers through the eyes as they got tired after the intensive reading and raised them to notice that Hotch was staring at her, but as soon as he saw her eyes, he turned his own down. Lora thought for a moment why he was looking at her like that and then continued reading the case.

,,New information won't appear there even If you'll continue reading the same file a million times...go to sleep and rest a little, tomorrow will be a hard day." - Lora heard Prentiss sleepy voice next to her. She smiled and nodded, but after a moment decided to read the file one more time and moved to the free space where the table was. 

She took her notebook out. After some time she sighed as she was tired to read it again, so she raised her eyes again to look at the clock and noticed, that Hotch was staring at her again, so she lowered her head to the phone. She felt her heart beating faster after noticing that her boss is looking and brushed the feeling to anxiety of the day. She was scrolling through her phone, when she noticed a shadow appearing in front of her. She raised her eyes and saw that it was Hotch. He sat in front of her.

,,Not tired?" - he asked.

,,No, not really. I want to see if we didn't miss anything important. Also to gather all information needed and be prepared for everything" - She said looking straight into his eyes. Hotch kept looking at her and listened, then licked his lips and started talking after a moment.

,,You'll never be fully prepared for everything. It's just simply not possible, especially in the job like ours. You'll never know what can and will happen next. - He said with the same expressionless face.

,,I know...but I think, that you can at least learn the information you already have, that way will be easier to prepare yourself for what might happen as well as protecting your team from the danger of not knowing something." - She answered. We stayed quiet for a moment. I kept my eyes on the case and he kept his on me.

,,I apologize for earlier today. I must have been too hard on you considering that it was your first day" - He said.

,,Oh...don't worry sir...it's okay" - He looked at her and she looked at him. Even if his face was stone cold without emotions now, she could sense, that he was trying to profile her at some point. To find something about or to finally understand, but she didn't give him anything except a small smile that reveals nothing.

„...Hotch" - He said, Lora lifted her eyes as she didn't understand, what he was trying to say.

„Just call me Hotch...no need for these formalities" - He said with a low voice and stood up.

,,Now, get some sleep Agent Caderton" - He said with authoritative voice, she nodded and watched, how he walked to his seat next to Rossi and closed his eyes. Lora watched him for a few more moments not feeling a soft smile appearing on her face. Then she closed the case file and felt how her eyes slowly closed and she fell asleep...

***

The pilot informed them that they're landing in 5 minutes. After they landed, drove straight to police precinct, cause there was not enough time to unpack things in motel. When they walked inside Sheriff welcomed us.