Chapter 38. At Rossi's

The next day came and Emilia woke up in her bedroom. She forgot for a moment, that her family is sleeping next door. She dressed up and walked to the kitchen. Took a glass of water and drank it.

„Hey, you came back late last night, where have you been?" – Emilia's brother asked curiously.

„Mind your own business" – Emilia answered to him and put the glass on the table.

„Now I'm curious...who is the guy?" – He continued asking her questions with a smile.

„I'm curious, how you're almost fourty and still dumb as a flip flop?...But here we are...stop asking me questions and mind your own business." – She said sarcastically, he chuckled slightly with a smile. All of them ate breakfast. Emilia chatted a little with kids. To keep the conversation she asked them, how's school and everything going.

„School sucks..." – Niece said, both of the nephews agreed.

„Amen to that" – Emilia answered to her niece with a smile.

„Language..." – The sister in law said to her daughter, Emilia noticed, how she rolled her eyes at that.

„So...how are you doing?" – Brother asked Emilia.

„I'm good..." – She answered with only a few words.

„That's...that's great..." – She said and stayed in silence for a few moments.

„...What about you?" – Emilia said after a while. Not that she cared, but just to keep up the conversation going.

„We're doing great, parents are doing great as well...you know...they asked about you..." – Brother started, but Emilia interrupted.

„I didn't ask, how they were doing, I only asked about you.." – She stopped breathing from the mentioning of her parents and tried to control her already fastly beating heart. From the mentioning of them she then again came back to her nightmares of the basement, how the drugs showed her, how she woke up in her room and everything she created in US was just a dream.

„I'll come back soon" – Emilia said, fastly stood up and walked to the bathroom. She walked in there and locked the door. Emilia started breathing in and out deeply to control her breathing just as the therapist taught her to. 

She concentrated on all the good things....remembering, how it feels to be in Spencer's arms...to be touched by him, kissed by him...all the good memories they shared...and she started thinking about many memories they will share in the future. She remembered, how it felt to get out of that place, to finally feel a glimpse of happiness again...To hug her friend and sleep in each other arms for the first time without waking up screaming in the nightmares...Soon after Emilia calmed down her heart rate and breathing.

„It's all real...it's real...I'm here...It's real..." – She repeated quietly to herself, to remind that she accomplished everything she wanted and that she has the man of her dreams, who she loves deeply and she knows that he loves her so much as well. When she calmed down fully, she opened the bathroom door and came back to the kitchen and continued chatting with family, but luckily they didn't touch the parent topic anymore.

„This evening we'll go to have dinner at Rossi's house" – Emilia said, everyone looked at her and nodded.

„You're close to him?...He seems to care about you a lot?" – Edgar asked, Emilia nodded.

„Yes.." – She answered. Emilia planned a day for family to see some interesting tourist attractions as they asked her to. She spend her whole day with them, showing some famous places in DC Washington...

***

The next day Lora woke up and went to the shower. After she got back and dressed, she received the message from Hotch: