Chapter 29. The worst...

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES SENSITIVE TOPICS MENTIONED IN THE AUTHOR'S NOTE (TORTURE, HARASSMENT AND ETC)

DAY 1

Lora woke up with the sharp pain in her head. It took her some time for the eyes to adjust to the light. She tried to move her hands, but couldn't do that, cause she was hanged to the ceiling. Lora looked around, searching for Emilia, but she was not seen around. It was some sort of abandoned basement, maybe some old lab, cause there were experimenting tables with hand locks. A man walked to her.

„You're awake...good" – Voice said. She looked at him.

„Who are you?...Where's Emilia?" – Lora asked worriedly, he laughed more to himself.

„Ouch...we talked for so many nights and you did not recognize me?" – He asked and Lora felt, how her stomach dropped.

„I can see from your face, that you remembered." – He said, walked closer to her and she could start to see the contours of his face until it was possible to see who the man is.

„...Theo Jettey? – Lora asked in a surprise, not expecting to see him at all.

„...Why are you doing this?" – She asked him, clearly being surprised, that after all of this months and months sickening calls was Theo Jettey. A man from her first case in the BAU. The explosion case, when she saved that boy. He walked closer and punched to the stomach, which caused her to cough.

„You ruined everything...my plan to make revenge, to show the world, how the people who must protect them act like cowards in the face of the danger...My plan was perfect, but you had to come in and save that kid the last second...you think you're the hero?...Do you actually believe that BAU team or FBI will remember you after your death?...No...They'll all just pretend to be sad for the show off like a couple weeks and then continue living the life like you didn't even exist" – Jettey said, took the bucket of ice cold water and poured on her.

„Shit..." – Lora said panting heavily as her body had a slight shock due to the temperature changes.

„I know....I know that you're mad and hurt, that your family is dead, but..." – She tried to reason with him, to come up with something, which would help her get out through this alive, but he pulled out electric shock and turned it on. She shook her head, feeling the fear inside.

„Please...Don't do..." – She said and felt how the unbearable pain locked her whole body, followed with the scream echoing through the whole room. He pulled it away from her and looked the body shaking from the effects of the shock.

„Ple-ase..." – Lora was trying to concentrate on something what would help her forget the pain she's feeling.

Where...is...Emilia?" – Lora asked with pauses, trying to control her breathing. Jettey turned back around at her and the two men, who were standing there.

„Oh...Lora...Lora...You care about your friend so much?...But that's why you appeared here in the first place...your weakness is that you care too much...it's gonna be the death of yours sooner or later" – He said, pointed for his guys to continue, walked out of the room and closed the door, only hearing the screams and punches coming out of it. He reached another cell.

„Hello Dr. Sinclair." – He said with a sarcastic smile, looking at the woman laying on the ground handcuffed in front of him. He kneeled down. Another scream echoed through the whole building, Emilia clearly recognized the voice.

„Stop hurting her..." – She said to him, he chuckled

„You shouldn't feel bad for her knowing that she's the reason, why you're here." – Jettey said to her.