Chapter 3. The fight

***

*Text messages with Emilia*

L – How are you?

E- All good...Don't say, that you were shot during your first case

L – Close one...

L – Also...Can we meet tonight?

E – HELLLL YEAAA.

E – Where? Just this time bring your ass on time on don't get late...

L – Ok. So maybe to our favorite bar?

E – OK.

E – When?

L – Maybe after a couple hours?

E – Yes, okay

L – See you there.

E – Ok. See you.

She locked her phone and put it in the pocket of her jacket. Walked to the car and drove back home in the apartment. She opened the door and put the keys on the table. Dropped travel bag on the ground and lay down on the bed. Her bandaged head still hurt a little bit, but it was bearable. After the shower and preparation, she was finally ready to leave and noticed that it's about time to do so. She took the taxi to drive there, cause with her condition she was not able to drive. After entering the bar, Lora noticed Emilia in the corner, scrolling through her phone. Walked closer. She noticed her.

„What the hell happened to your head?" – She asked and they both hugged.

,,I almost exploded" – Lora answered and sat on the chair at the table. Sinclair was worried.

,,Wow...want to explain?" – Emilia asked with a worried voice.

,,Well...umm....it's really difficult to explain..." – Lora said while looking at Emilia, who had a serious look. Both of them cared about each other deeply and would risk everything to help in need, so Lora's injuries caused stress. 

,,Nah, but seriously...I need details what happened to your head?" – She asked, Lora sighed.

,,We were investigating a hard case and during the process in order to save lives I had to take a risk and it led to my almost explosion" – Lora started.

,,Damn...Nobody tried to stop you?...Especially knowing that it's your first case" – She asked.

,,Oh, they all tried, especially my boss, he almost got blown up himself, as he tried to stop me from going there." – Lora said.

,,Your boss, huh?" – She looked at her with a smirk and winked.

,,Don't even start..." – Lora said with embarrassing laugh.

„...Is he hot though?" – She continued.

„I don't know...Well, he's an attractive man, I can't deny that, but don't create any delusional stuff" – Lora answered after a while.

„At least you have something to satisfy your eyes. How was your hiring? How did it all started and where it went, also how are your team mates?" – Emilia was asking questions, so Lora started talking from the start.

„Amm....Section chief started giving me questions. She was surprised, that I'm still young and without any field experience. I answered her questions and waited for the answer. And then she smiled and said, that I'm hired. Then led me to the unit chiefs office and told me that she's not the one I should please but him and that he's the real pain in the ass..." – Lora talked.

„A handsome pain in your ass is called pleasure and I will stand by my words" – She said and Lora wheezed so loud, that spit her cocktail out.

„You're something else..." – Lora said to Emilia with a chuckle.