Chapter 18. Congress

„Sooo....amm....after a couple hours Dr. Sinclair and Caderton will go into that congress. Just want to point out, that you need to be careful out there." – Hotch said, Lora and Emilia raised their eyes and listened to the details, that Hotch told them. Lora walked to Prentiss for her to attach a small microphone on her back.

„Try to move a little for me and turn around" – Emily said to make sure, that she'll receive a clear sound to the headphones.

„Okay, I can hear you clearly." – Prentiss smiled and walked to put a mic on Emilia.

„Gonna attach this to your back, it can feel uncomfortable for a while, but you'll get used to it." – She said with a soft smile encouraging Emilia, she nodded.

„Can you turn around and try to talk?" – Prentiss asked her. Emilia did so.

„Perfectly clear sound." – She said and showed Emilia the thumbs up. Rossi walked to her.

„Emilia, are you ready? Feeling okay?" – He asked with a warm smile.

„Yes, I'm fine." – She answered, but deep down felt anxious and a little scared of this situation. She still remembered the fear she felt after the last kidnapping. Even though she didn't show it to anyone, not even Lora, but it's hard to get over something so personal and traumatic. Rossi patted her shoulder friendly with a smile, wished her luck and walked away.

„Are you okay?" – Reid walked to her and asked with a comforting smile.

„Yes, I am...Thanks for asking." – Emilia answered and gave Reid a warm smile.

„You will hear us every time....I know that probably my words mean nothing to you, cause I failed my promise the last time, but...." – Reid tried to tell, clearly still feeling guilty, that Emilia was kidnapped the last time.

„....I don't blame you at all Spencer....You did everything you could. Things like that happen, so don't blame yourself." – Emilia tried to comfort him. She told the truth though...She didn't blame anyone from the team about her kidnapping, but only the person who kidnapped her.

„Just know, that we'll be listening to you and Lora all the time now, so if anything goes not according to plan, we'll intervene immediately." – Reid said, Emilia nodded and he walked away. During that moment Lora was talking to Hotch.

„Do you remember everything we talked about?" – He asked with a strict voice.

„Hotch, you asked that at least five times during this hour, my memory is bad, but not that bad." – Lora answered sarcastically.

„You both need to be concentrated out there..." – He started, but Lora interrupted him.

„.....And we will." – She said, he gave her the death stare.

„You're not capable to do the direct orders from your boss, so I'm sorry if I want to be sure, that you heard me clearly this time." – He said with a little mad irritated voice, Lora looked at him confused of what is his problem.

„Are you kidding me right now?.....What is your problem Hotch? I think, that I proved you more than once, that I'm capable of doing my job and saving people." – Lora told him still with a offended voice.

„Your job is to listen to the orders from your boss, instead of taking action on your own...am I clear?" – He answered with a strict, authoritative voice. She smiled to him sarcastically not understanding, what makes him pull her into a hug, almost kiss in the office and after that kiss her in the club while undercover like she's the essence of his life and then out of nowhere tell her that she's not capable at doing the job with an irritated voice. Lora looked down for a moment then sighed knowing that it's not worth it.