Chapter 2

Monday.

San entered the classroom and sat at his usual seat.

S - "Whaa... too hard to start the week with two hours of history..."

Before the class began, the teacher brought in a boy.

Teacher: Here's the new student I told you about. You can introduce yourself.

S - "Oh I forgot that. Damn he's too cute."

WY: Uh, hello. My name is Jung Wooyoung - he said slightly intimidated. Nice to meet you.

- Wooyoung, the "too cute" guy -

S - "He seems pretty cool. And he doesn't seem dumb, sorry Mingi, we won't be forming a duo."

Teacher: There's an empty seat next to San - he said pointing at him. You can sit there.

S - "Obviously..."

Wooyoung went to sit under San's gaze. The latter remembered Mingi suggesting he become friends with him. He don't really like forcing friendships, he prefer it when things happens naturally. But why not give it a try?

S - "Well, I've got nothing to lose."

S: Hey - he whispered to his new neighbor.

WY: Hey.

S: Um... Why do you join during the school year?

Wooyoung gave a cold look to San who instanlty regretted his question.

S - "Shit, was that too intrusive?"

WY: I moved with my parents cause they changed jobs.

S: Oh... It must be annoying to change schools...

WY: ...

WY: Yeah.

Wooyoung clearly doesn't seem open to conversation. Is he nervous? Or do he just not like talking to people?

S - "Aaahh seriously Mingi you're a pain... There's such a weird tension between us now!"

San decided to leave Wooyoung alone. Anyway, he would continue to be bored in class.

WY: It's a pretty name.. San.

Surprised, San looked at Wooyoung with wide eyes. He didn't expect his neighbor to speak to him on his own, let alone say that.

Wooyoung looked ahead, a slight smile on his lips, making San stutter.

S: Uh... thank you...

The two hours of history passed without the two boys talking again. San can't figure out the new guy, he seems distant, yet he complimented him. Actually, he has a somewhat mysterious side that makes San want to get to know him better.

The bell rang and students started packing their things.

S - "There's a 15-minute break before the next class, should I stay with Wooyoung so he doesn't end up alone? Or should I suggest he comes with me to join my friends? Yeah, but at the same time he doesn't seem to like talking much, maybe he prefers to be alone... Well! I'll just ask him and then I'll know! Plus, maybe he's too shy to ask me to stay with him!"

When San turned to propose his idea to his neighbor, he saw that Wooyoung had just stood up and was already walking towards the door.

S - "Fuck, I overthink too much!"

San regretted not being more responsive.

S - "I hope he finds the classroom easily. Well, I'll invite him to have lunch with us to make up for it!"

Conclusion of Chapter 2: San overthinks too much.