Chapter 3

The bell rang, signaling the end of the break. San left his friends and headed towards the room for his next class. Several students were already there waiting for the teacher to arrive, including Wooyoung who had headphones in his ears. The teacher arrived, he opened the door and the students entered the room except for Wooyoung who waited for all the students to go in.

S - "Is he entering last to see where there's still a sit? I'm not the only one without a neighbor, I wonder if he's gonna sit next to me..."

San smiled when he saw the mysterious boy approaching him.

WY: Can I sit next to you again?

S: Yeah, gladly. I never have a neighbor so you can sit at my table for all the classes if you want - he replied with a smile to make Wooyoung feel at ease.

Wooyoung smiled in response and San took that as an "okay."

WY: And why do you never have a neighbor?

S: Ah... My friends aren't in my class this year... And I don't particularly feel like making new friendships. But I admit I'm starting to get a little bored alone.

WY: ...

WY: I see.

San would've liked the conversation to go further, but once again, Wooyoung didn't seem very eager to talk. So San didn't add anything.

S - "Seriously, he's really not a chatty boy..."

But, when lunchtime came, that didn't stop him from offering Wooyoung to eat with him and his group of friends.

S: Um... Wooyoung? You wanna have lunch with my friends and me today?

WY: Oh that's kind, thanks, but I live nearby so I go home to eat - he replied a bit apologetically.

S: Ah okay, no problem! Enjoy your meal - he said with a smile even though he was slightly disappointed.

WY: You too, see you later - he replied with a smile before leaving.

San let out a small sigh before joining his group of friends in the cafeteria.

San loves lunch breaks because he can finally reunite with all his buddies for a few hours and laugh with them as he did in previous years. They sat together at a large table in the cafeteria, juggling between different conversation topics.

YS: By the way San, isn't today the day the new student was supposed to join your class?

S: Yes! Mingi you'll be happy, he sits next to me in class so I tried to talk to him!

M: I'm proud of you, old buddy!

YH: So, is he nice? Have you become super close and are you gonna forget about us? - he said in a fake tragical tone making San laugh.

S: Well, it's weird. I can't tell if he minds me talking to him. Like, he's pretty cold and makes no effort to continue our conversations but the next moment he says things that make me think he's not so closed off to discussion. Or like he talks to me in a bored way and then suddenly he gives me his best smile.

HJ: Wow, sounds like a complicated story!

S: You said it... By the way, I invited him to eat with us but he declined because he eats at home, he lives nearby.

M: Oh too bad, we could've seen the oddball!

JH: Why've you been talking like that since earlier, are you 50 years old or what? - he teased.

SH: But in the end, do you still like him?

S: Well yeah, besides that he seems cool! I'd like us to be friends, I'd feel less alone in class but I'm afraid of pushing it.

YS: Too strange... Maybe he's just super shy?

S: Yeah maybe, don't know...

JH: Well! Don't stress about it! I'm sure he just needs a little time.

Conclusion of Chapter 3: Wooyoung lives nearby.

Now I have to"Super Shy" by newjeans playing in my head, hope you too 🙂