04

Chapter Four

Your head drooped as the bags under your eyes were visibly darker than the day before. They were always dark. Circles that taunted you, never leaving.

You sighed and shut your eyes for a second. Going off only 2 hours of sleep was a regrettable decision. Never in your life have you craved the comfort that a good sleep would bring. You didn't know what tired you most the day before, training until victory or bathing the crown prince, desperately trying not to make any eye contact.

As you struggled in your battle to stay awake, the doors behind you slowly opened. A set of dark obsidian eyes landed on your exhausted figure, a frown making its way onto his clean features.
A sudden harsh grip on your shoulder was all you needed to slap you back from borderline unconsciousness.

Quickly turning around, you bowed. "Good Morning Prince Suguru!"

"Why was I not awoken?" He questioned, those piercing smoky eyes making you sweat nervously.
"I apologise. I was not aware that I was required to wake you." Bowing once again, you shut your eyes, waiting for the mean scolding.

All you received was a sigh and a command telling you to stand straight and get his dressers.

The Kings funeral was only a week away and the entire palace seemed to be in a rush to get things in order. Due to the suddenness of the passing away, no arrangements had been made and every maid and servant was in a panic to not displease the Queen and crown prince even more.
The body had to be preserved, a suitable, lavish casket was still to be chosen and the place of burial was not set.

Currently, you and Geto were in a carriage heading towards the Gojo manor.
Your heart was beating against your ribcage like a wild animal trying to rip free from its captors.
What would the prince do once he finds out that you weren't exactly accepted as a Gojo?

"Why are you so quiet, (b/n)?" Your head snapped towards the prince, who had his arms and legs crossed.

You cleared your throat, "my apologies. I am just nervous to be met with family I have no familiarity with."

Geto tilted his head in confusion at your statement. He had assumed you were close to your family, but after your confession he started questioning whether it was worth rubbing in the fact that you were working for him.

Soon, the gates to the Gojo's minka were visible. A man stood outside of the gates with a huge smile on his face. He seemed excited compared to the prince's dread.
Definitely not a morning person.

The horses stopped their trotting and the door to the carriage swung open, letting in more of the bright light the sun provided.
First you stepped out, scanning the area. The man walked closer towards the carriage. He had white hair, just like yours. He wore tinted glasses and he wore a navy blue and white kimono that had swirl prints all over.

"Suguru!" He yelled out as he spotted the prince getting out of the chariot. The prince rolled his eyes as he let the man engulf him in a hug.

"Prince Suguru." He corrected sternly. The sun beat down on your back, challenging your exhaustion more. "And who's this? What happened to that annoying blue head you had?" The man looked you up and down. You straightened your posture and bowed.
"Gojo (B/n), sir" you said. The man furrowed his eyebrows, sliding his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose.

"Gojo?"

"Yes, Satoru. He's part of your clan." Geto smirked, crossing his arms.
Satoru Gojo threw his arm around your shoulder, pulling you in.
"Why didn't you say so?! It's always nice to know my family is bigger than I knew it to be!"