07

Chapter Seven

The prince gazed down at Mahito, his obsidian eyes filled with pure hatred for the man.
He was never fond of him. The only reason Mahito was kept around was because Geto didn't bother to look for anyone new, and now, with the blue haired man crouched down in front of him, his urge to rip him apart then and there grew every minute he was in his presence.

"Tell me, Mahito," Get started to speak, his tone ice cold, "why have you come back here?"

Mahito looked up at the prince, blue strands of hair falling in front of his face. His lips were cracked from the sheer dryness of them, his voice was scratchy. The mere sound of his voice made you feel like your ears were about to bleed.

"It's about your so called right hand, prince suguru."
The smirk on his face gave you an eerie feeling. His eyes looked crazed, as if he had lost his mind. Mahito was someone you didn't want to get to know at all.
The mention of your title peaked your curiosity.

You grew anxious, fighting so desperately not to fidget with your fingers.
Stand confident. Stand proud.

"(B/n). Leave us." Geto commanded, not breaking his stare away from the crouched man. You turned to protest but was immediately shut down by Getos hand.

"I will be in my chambers"

Geto stood up and started walking closer to Mahito, Choso standing on alert behind the suspicious male.
"Get on with it."

Mahito nodded and stood up, his disturbing smirk never leaving his features.
"Your so called loyal guard isny as loyal as you thing. He's lying to you.. or should I say she." Geto narrowed his eyebrows, puzzled at the man's peculiar choice of words. Mahito's vagueness was enough for Geto to wipe that stupid grin from off his ugly excuse of a head, but he remained calm.

"Elaborate"

"(B/n) is a woman. Her mother let it slip to me. I'm guessing she's been masking as a man her entire life. I do not know the reason but lying to the crown prince... my, my, how disrespectful"

Geto pursed his lips. Blinding rage filled his vision and he officially lost control of his limps, striking Mahito over and over again without holding back.
Just who did he think he was speaking to his future ruler in that tone?

He halted his fist, holding Mahito by the collar. Blood gushed from mahito's nose as one of his front teeth came loose.
"You've said enough. Did you think I was going to reward you?" He laughed, throwing his head back.

"Y-you fool! You're being lied to! Punish her!" Mahito choked, blood spilling out of his mouth. Geto grit his teeth, letting go and letting Mahito fall to the ground.
He looked at choso, signalling for him to get Mahito as far away from the palace as possible.

Geto's mind was racing. What if he was right? What was Geto supposed to do about such a peculiar situation. He had no desire to punish you. He didn't want to dismiss you of your title, nor did he want to lock you up. It was a strange feeling.
Although he had lost his temper on you quite a few times, he grew fond of you. Your company made him feel safe, recognising the effort you put in.
However, he couldn't let this go either.

Something had to be done.

"Open the door."

Your head snapped towards the door. You swallowed the lump that was forming in your throat. You still hadn't come to terms with the fact that everything had come out.
But how did Mahito know to your secret?
You had assumed that he came to know about your identity. That was the only possible thing you could think of that was worth spilling to the prince.