Chapter 1: (Arc I) Enter Navar Okayasu! A Child From Wellfort!

Far within Wellfort's forests, hidden amongst lush, vibrant green bushes. A black-furred beast with four hind legs, glaring green eyes, and razor-sharp fangs lingers stealthily toward its prey, a small, rodent-like creature. This beast is one of several recognized throughout the Universe as a Class 1 Beast: Arbiter Archetype. Arbiters thrive in forest climates and have a rich layer of meat. Hunters often use this meat to gain Royal, one of the most valuable forms of currency.

The Arbiter springs forward, claws extended, with a resounding roar. Then, a spear sinks into its eye from its blindside, killing it on impact. "Ha-ha! Got it!" says a young and cheerful voice.

Three 12-year-olds stand in the shadow of a tree, the leaves rustling above them. Their names are Navar, Miri, and Jax Okayasu.

Jax is a youthful, slim-built child standing around 153 centimeters. His skin is a deep, melanin brown, and his eyes are a soft, light brown. His hair is black and cut to a medium height with a tight, afro-textured curl. He is dressed in an oversized blue T-shirt that drapes over his body and long pants made of lightweight material with a deep black hue.

Miri is an athletic, pale-skinned girl standing around 154 centimeters. She has long black hair, thin bangs hanging over her slender eyebrows, and bold black eyes. She's wearing a long-sleeved white and black striped dress with black colored denim overalls.

Last, Navar is an athletic, tan-skinned child standing around 167 centimeters. His golden, wavy locks cascade down his shoulder, and it catches the light of the wind. His eyes are a dazzling white, and he wears a gray shirt that fits snugly on his arms and a pair of soft blue shorts. He walks out from the concealed area, his feet brushing against the dirt beneath him. He takes a deep breath and ganders at Miri and Jax. They incline their heads in his direction, giving him a signal. He approaches the beast and then examines its body. As he searches, a faint frown forms on his face, showing his confusion. "I can't find the mark."

"Don't worry. I'll help you find it," Jax steps closer to the beast, the musky scent of its fur assaulting his senses as he attempts to find the missing item. "Whew, this beast stinks!" When he tries to feel for the mark, he recoils when his hand encounters the slimy substance oozing out of the Arbiter's fur. "Yuck!"

Miri emerges from the murky area, the shadow from the sunlight enlarging as she enters sight. "Move," she nudges Jax aside, then cuts the wet Jungle Beast's hair with a few deft strokes from her dagger. She flips its hair back, and her fingers brush against its fur, revealing a faint trace of purple. "Hey guys, I think I found something."

Jax and Navar scramble after her, their feet stirring up dust in their wake. "What did you find?" asks Navar.

Miri grabs a cloth, and as she rubs the fur, a rich purple hue spreads across the beast's skin. "It's a purple-marked beast!"

"Finally!" It's been ages," says Navar.

Marks determine the amount of royal you receive from an Arbiter. Red has a price range of 100-300 Royal, Blue has a price range of 400-700 Royal, and Purple has a price range of 800-1100 Royal.

"Now we have money to get the tickets again! Yes!" says Navar.

Miri shakes her head as she releases a heavy, irritated sigh. "Navar, we've tried the draft so many times, we never win. Let's just put our money into something useful."

"No, Miri, I just have a feeling about this one...."

"Okay, but don't whine if we lose again. Let's just cash this ticket in. I want to continue training when I get home."

"All right, I left my spear behind the trees," Navar stays behind while Miri and Jax moved ahead, his eyes filled with a glimmer of hope as he gazes at the sky. "Please let this ticket be the one," he hoists the beast onto a red and white wheelbarrow, and they trek through the rural dirt streets of Wellfort toward the butcher trading vendor. Wellfort is a poor district of the Ozania Capital World, where rundown homes are a common sight, and agriculture is the primary source of livelihood.