Runaways (Bucky) Part 2

Sorry this one is super long. And has some smut. --

It had been 2 years since Bucky had last seen you. He had to believe you were dead, he watched you die in front of him. Sam saw your dead body. But where did your body go? Was it just stolen out from under him, and if so, why? What would they want with it? He thought about you every day, people tried to get him to move on, to try and date again. "You never know," they would say. But he never made it past a date or two.

He had moved back to New York. Tonight he was working security at a fundraising masquerade gala. It wasn't his main goal, but he worked security sometimes to make ends meet. He glanced around when he noticed a woman in a black gown wearing a full face mask. He had seen this woman before, he had been seeing her out of the corner of his eye for months, but every time he would look for her, she was gone. He started thinking he was seeing a ghost. He vowed this time he would catch her. He blinked again and she was gone.

Against all logic Bucky went the opposite direction the woman had been and ran out the back door. And there she was, the woman in black. He grabbed her arm, swinging her towards him. She immediately pushed her leg up kicking him in the stomach with an oof. She ran, ripping off her skirt in the process revealing black leggings underneath. Bucky couldn't lose her this time, he had to know why she had been following him.

He ran after her at full speed grabbing her shoulders and spinning her around towards him. She crouched down, he could tell she was going to run again. He swung around to block her direction but instead she lept over him landing at the entrance to an alley. She turned to run again but he was able to grab her around the waist. Something seemed so familiar about how she fought. He pushed her up against the wall of the alley. "Y/N stop," he demanded. He heard a gasp come from the woman in-front of him.

Bucky tentatively reached forward towards the woman's face delicately removing her goggles. Looking back at him he could see her eyes, your eyes, tears streaming down your face. "Bucky..." you sobbed. He reached up once more removing the rest of your mask revealing your mouth. He wasted no time taking you into his arms, kissing you. 

He pulled back looking into your eyes. "How? How is this possible?" You just shook your head at him. Your eyes squinting trying to hold back the tears. "You don't have to tell me." He knew that it must be too painful for you right now. "I'm just glad to have found you. Let's go home."

"I can't," you cried.

"You'll be safe this time. I promise, they will never get you again."

You shook your head at him. "No, no I can't. I can't leave. If I do they'll do it all over again to another little girl. I can't, I can't let that happen."

Bucky's face softened, "We'll make sure that doesn't happen. I promise, don't you trust me."

"Of course I trust you. I know you really believe that,  but you can't promise something you can't  deliver. Let me go...please," you practically whispered the please.

"I can't," you could hear the pain in his voice. "I finally found you, you're alive. I thought you were dead. I can't let you go now."

"And I can't kill you," you screamed. "I love you... and they know it."

The shock on Bucky's face was palpable. "I'm.." his voice cracked. "I'm your mission? Is that why you've been following me?"

"You weren't supposed to be, no," you winced at the thought of it. "That was me, I would sneak by if I could after a mission to get a glimpse, to make sure you were ok. I had another target at this ball, but now that we are face to face... They want you gone. I can't always control what they make me do" Your breathing was becoming more labored as you fought against their control.